As a graduate, you will work closely with clients and consultants in your team delivering strategic projects at the front end of the project lifecycle. As part of this role, you need to be flexible in your thinking, transferring between innovative ideas to analysing complex data. You will learn how data management and best practices, governance, processes, and modelling can drive significant efficiency and tangible cost savings for our clients.
- Working closely with clients and stakeholders to form positive relationships to understanding their drivers and requirements.
- Learning to analyse and manipulate demographic data, to develop and present a strategic narrative relating to the project outcomes.
- Preparing presentations and documentation for review by your team.
- Develop an appetite to understand the leading policies and strategies in the market, advising clients on the best way to implement, integrate and adopt these into their business.
- Preparing key information for tender and procurement processes.
- Developing project executive plans by liaising with wider team members to ensure the project stays on track.
- Liaising with clients on a weekly basis to ensure they are informed and updated on the project’s progress using Mace’s project governance documents.
- Identify risks and escalate as necessary to appropriate project lead.
Our main areas of focus are on:
- Strategic planning
- Risk and assurance
- People and Place (usually public sector clients)
- Central Government Departments
- Large corporate clients.
The work we do is very varied – from high level strategic thinking through to detailed planning so we can offer a wide variety of experiences as part of the Graduate Programme. As part of this role, you need to be flexible and forward looking in your thinking, to be able to analyse complex data and present your findings.
Key competencies and areas of interest
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competent in Microsoft office (word, excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Interest in renewable energy and sustainable practices
- Interest in learning about emerging practices and policies
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, GIS, Microsoft Project desirable
- Agile-minded, flexible and an innovative thinker
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained). We are open to the subject studied but you must be able to demonstrate your commitment to our ethos and values
- Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
Additionally you will need
- An understanding of the project life cycle and the roles and responsibilities of project teams
- Ability to adapt and add value to different teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A drive to deliver results
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!