South West +2
Digitally transforming our future
On our Graduate Development Programme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for women's equality and how we're Disability Confident and an inclusive employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
As a Management Consultancy Graduate on our prestigious programme, you will join one of the fastest growing graduate Programmes at one of the world’s leading consultancies. At Atkins you will not only be joining an exciting and forward-thinking team of highly driven people, you will also be working on and contributing to some of the most interesting public and private sector projects shaping the future of the UK.
The Atkins Junior Consultant Development Programme pairs learning from experience on transformative national and digital projects with a continually evolving development programme, designed to give you the tools and skills you need to become one of our industry’s future leaders. Our award-winning management consultants work on ground-breaking projects, taking on hands-on roles, providing independent advice and guidance to deliver real world change and benefit. Some of our clients include: Ministry of Defence, Department for Education, Home Office, Heathrow Airport, HS2, EDF Energy and a wide range of Government, Security and Intelligence clients.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities that will enable you to shape your career the way you want to. You will take early responsibility for assignments, consulting all kinds of public, private and security clients, and supporting them through business change and digital transformation.
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
As a recent graduate you could find yourself in one of the following locations:
Locations: Bristol, Manchester, London
Degree Requirements: Achieved or predicted 2:2 Bachelor’s degree or above in virtually any discipline
Joining our highly respected Junior Consultant Development Programme (JCDP), which will provide you with support and training to enable you to drive your career forward and learn to become a world class management consultant. You will develop core and specialist consultancy skills through a mixture of client and internal projects, development and training activities. You will work both independently and as part of a team, in a mix of client environments with guidance from a variety of experienced consultants. From the exciting projects you will work on to the wide variety of career paths you can pursue, we will challenge you and support your development from day one.
Activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Working on a variety of projects across government and critical national infrastructure that influence the future of the UK
- Managing projects from start to finish as well as delivering value at any stage of the project lifecycle including designing, developing and implementing innovative solutions
- Developing complex, technological solutions to client problems, supporting the nationwide digital transformation
- Winning new work by creating compelling bids and spotting opportunities to grow Atkins’ services
- Working across stakeholder communities to build consensus for strategically important changes and assess the impact they may have
You will become part of our vibrant Junior Consultant community, collaborating with other talented young professionals. Throughout your journey on the programme, you will be aligned to one of the following business areas:
- Programme and Project Management Consultancy and Services – provides advisory services to help clients improve their project management structures and processes, whilst supporting them to deliver.
- Programme Delivery – our project management practice focuses on understanding client objectives to deliver successful outputs and outcomes, using various project and programme management methodologies.
- Business Consultancy & Transformation (Strategy and Change Management) – tackles complex business challenges, specialising in areas such as strategy, change and culture development.
- Business Consultancy & Transformation (Cost Modelling and Analysis) – taking an analytical approach, specialising in areas such as cost modelling, operational research and business cases. (Specific degree required)
You will be aligned to a specific business area during the application process, but there is flexibility once you join the programme to experience roles in other areas of interest.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you’ll need?
- A passion for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
London, Bristol, Manchester
South West, Greater London, North West