South West +2
Digitally transforming our future
On our Placement Scheme join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
As a Management Consultancy placement student on our prestigious programme, you’ll join one of the fastest growing placement schemes at one of the world’s leading consultancies. At Atkins you’ll not only be joining an exciting and forward-thinking team of highly driven people, you’ll also be working on and contributing to some of the most interesting public and private sector projects shaping the future of the UK.
Our placement scheme pairs learning from experience on transformative national and digital projects with a continually evolving development programme, designed to give you the tools and skills you need to become one of our industry’s future leaders. Our award-winning management consultants work on ground-breaking projects, taking on hands-on roles, providing independent advice and guidance to deliver real world change and benefit. Some of our clients include: Ministry of Defence, Department for Education, Home Office, Heathrow Airport, HS2, EDF Energy and a wide range of Government, Security and Intelligence clients.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities that will enable you to shape your career the way you want to. You’ll be involved in a variety of assignments, consulting all kinds of public, private and security clients, and supporting them through business change and digital transformation.
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Atkins Placement scheme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
As a placement student you could find yourself in one of the following locations:
Industrial placement locations: Bristol, London, Manchester
Degree requirements: On track to achieve a minimum of a 2.2 or above Bachelor’s degree in virtually any discipline
Provided with support and training to enable you to drive your career forward and learn to become a world class management consultant. You’ll develop core and specialist consultancy skills through a mixture of client and internal projects, development and training activities. You’ll work both independently and as part of a team, in a mix of client environments with guidance from a variety of experienced consultants. From the exciting projects you’ll work on to the wide variety of career paths you can pursue, we will challenge you and support your development from day one.
Activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Working on a variety of projects across government and critical national infrastructure that influence the future of the UK
- Delivering value at any stage of the project lifecycle including designing, developing and implementing innovative solutions
- Developing complex, technological solutions to client problems, supporting the nationwide digital transformation
- Winning new work by creating compelling bids and spotting opportunities to grow Atkins’ services
- Working across stakeholder communities to build consensus for strategically important changes and assess the impact they may have
You’ll become part of our vibrant Junior Consultant community, collaborating with other talented young professionals, and will be aligned to one of the following business areas:
- Business Consultancy & Transformation – tackling complex business issues, specialising in areas such as strategy, change, digital transformation, stakeholder engagement and cost modelling.
- Programme Delivery – focusing on understanding client objectives to deliver successful outputs and outcomes, using project management methodologies and providing value to our clients at every stage of their projects.
- PMO Services & Solutions – providing advisory services and delivering the implementation and optimisation of portfolio, programme or project management offices (PMOs), to help our clients can solve some of the most interesting challenges facing them today.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our placement scheme has been designed to give you an insight into what it’s like to work with us and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. Whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you’ll need?
- An understanding of the consultancy environment
- To embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- To be comfortable embracing agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being to include:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
In addition to the above, our top performing placement students (who’ve completed at least 8 weeks on placement with us) have the opportunity to be nominated onto our Graduate Development Programme.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we’re able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
Bristol, London, Manchester
South West, Greater London, North West