Do you want to have an immediate impact in a fast-paced environment while transforming an industry?
Are you considering roles that allow you to partner with the world’s top 100 investor and asset management firms and leading global broker-dealers?
If your answer to both the above is “yes” then we invite you to explore our Production Support Internship. This internship is geared towards students who, upon graduation, are interested in a role that combines technology, problem solving and customer interaction in a fast-growing company in the financial technology space.
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our eleven-week internship programme. As a 2020 Summer Intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job training and professional development, including classroom training that will get you quickly up to speed on the Financial Markets generally, and the Credit Markets in particular.
You will participate in a variety of projects working on real business problems. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager as well as having a dedicated buddy. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new professional skills and grow your professional network, as well as providing an in-depth insight into career possibilities at MarketAxess.
This is a full-time, paid internship which will begin on 16 June and conclude on 27 August 2020. To be eligible, applicants must be able to commit to the programme for the full duration of this time period.
What type of work can you expect to do?
Production Support is all about the client experience in the live environment and as a member of the Production Support team you will play a pivotal role as an interface between our Developers and our end users. As a result, Production Support is a high visibility function which requires excellent technical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
On a daily basis you’ll be receiving requests from both internal and external customers or monitoring and picking up real time any alerts raised in our Production trading environment. As a member of Production Support, you will be involved in problem analysis and working towards a solution leveraging multiple stakeholders within the MarketAxess team when required.
What you’ll need
This role requires both technical and customer skills, so we think you should have the following characteristics:
- A keen interest in technology
- Previous customer service experience
- Know your way around Excel and be highly numerate
- Desire to learn and grow in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong telephone etiquette
- A self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
And, in addition:
- You will be a penultimate year student (graduating in 2021)
- Be studying towards a Computer Science, IT or other technical degree
- You should be on track for a 2:1 or better (or equivalent)
- You will have the Right to Work in UK
- Whilst not essential, competence in any additional European languages will be welcomed
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary (pro-rated)
- An opportunity to build your knowledge of the Financial Markets and the career opportunities they provide
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- Great offices in the heart of the City, with transport, shopping and restaurants right on your doorstep
- Office perks including free hot drinks, cereal and fruit as well as occasional hot breakfasts, lunches and after work drinks
- The chance to join our 2021 graduate programme if you perform well during the internship
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!