Within the financial markets, the name MarketAxess is synonymous with delivering innovative technology to the global fixed income electronic trading markets.
If you are interested in exploring a career that places you at the cross-roads of financial services and technology, then our QA Automation internship may be for you.
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our eleven-week internship programme. As a 2020 Summer intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job training and professional development, including classroom training that will get you quickly up to speed on the Financial Markets generally, and the Credit Markets in particular.
You will participate in a variety of projects working on real business problems. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager as well as having a dedicated buddy. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new professional skills and grow your professional network, as well as providing an in-depth insight into career possibilities at MarketAxess.
This is a full-time, paid internship that will begin on 16 June and conclude on 27 August 2020. To be eligible, applicants must be able to commit to the programme for the full duration of this time period.
What type of work can you expect to do?
In this position, you will work with developers, architects and product management in the development of real-time fixed income trading and regulatory systems. You will join an Agile Scrum team whose goal is to build new products and enhance existing ones. Being on an Agile Scrum team, you will be asked to engage in the following activities daily:
- Working with Business Analysts to refine acceptance criteria
- Estimating effort involved in items of work
- Designing and building suites for automated testing
- Validating functional and non-functional requirements
- Defect Tracking
- Our challenge is to build robust and high-quality software as quickly as possible. This is an entrepreneurial environment that rewards creativity and initiative. Occasional long hours and/or weekend hours required, especially around a software release.
What you’ll need
To be considered, you must have the following technical requirements:
- Comfortable working with Java
- Exposure to Linux based systems
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Understanding of Agile work practices
- Use of Selenium Webdriver or Microfocus Silktest would be an advantage; but not essential
Given the type of work you will be doing we think you should have the following personal characteristics:
- Highly numerate
- A keen interest in technology
- Desire to learn and grow in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
And, in addition:
- You will be a penultimate year student (graduating in 2021)
- Studying for a degree in Computer Science, IT or similar discipline
- You should be on track for a 2:1 or better (or equivalent)
- You will have the Right to Work in UK
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary (pro-rated)
- An opportunity to build your knowledge of the Financial Markets and the career opportunities they provide
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- Great offices in the heart of the City, with transport, shopping and restaurants right on your doorstep
- Office perks including free hot drinks, cereal and fruit as well as occasional hot breakfasts, lunches and after work drinks
- The chance to join our 2021 graduate programme if you perform well over the summer
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!