Would you enjoy the opportunity to work for a fast-paced, innovative, high growth company that is changing the world of institutional fixed income trading?
Are you considering roles that allow you to partner with the world’s top 100 investor and asset management firms and leading global broker-dealers?
Do you want to be part of a small organisation allowing you to have regular interactions with senior management? Somewhere where you are not just a number?
If your answer to all of the above is “yes” then we invite you to explore our Sales Internship programme. The Sales Internship is geared towards students who, upon graduation, are interested in business development roles in a fast-growing company in the financial technology space.
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our eleven-week summer internship programme. As a 2020 Summer intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job learning and professional development, including classroom training that will help get you quickly up to speed on the Financial Markets generally, and the Credit Markets in particular.
You will participate in a variety of projects working on real business problems. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager as well as having a dedicated buddy to help you navigate through the company. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new professional skills and grow your professional network, as well as providing an in-depth insight into career possibilities at MarketAxess.
This is a full-time, paid internship that will begin on 16 June and conclude on 27 August 2020. To be eligible, applicants must be able to commit to the programme for this period in its entirety.
What type of work can you expect to do?
For the first part of your internship you will be working with in our Client Services team. This will provide you with a base understanding of our 1st line client support function and the day to day operations of the trading platform. You will gain insight into the front office through to back office trading workflows and perform tasks such as client troubleshooting, onboarding, and reporting, whilst giving you exposure to all other internal teams and how they fit with the overall operations of the firm.
Later in the internship, you will work alongside Sales Representatives to gain a deep understanding of the Fixed Income market structure (both buy and sell side) and also MarketAxess as a business. You will be exposed and guided through all levels of the firm in order to ensure that your sales skills can be applied to selling MarketAxess’ suite of products, and the business as a whole, in the most elevated manner. You will experience and observe the full life cycle of new clients – from prospecting, to onboarding, to training, to trade execution. In addition, you will be encouraged to be a vocal contributor to product development, client prospecting and business strategy. A hunger to ensure that existing business is maintained, by working closely internally with Developers and/or Product Managers, as well as a keen-eye for growth opportunities, by seeking out new clients and or products, will be key attributes for the candidate. Throughout your rotations, you will have access to senior sales managers across the organization.
What you’ll need
Given the type of work you will be doing we think you should have the following characteristics:
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships across the organisation and at all levels
- Desire to learn and grow in a fast paced, client-focused environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with numbers
- A self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
And, in addition:
- You will be a penultimate year student (graduating in 2021)
- Your discipline of study is less important than a positive, can-do attitude and great interpersonal skills
- You should be on track to receive a 2:1 or above (or equivalent)
- Right to Work in UK
- Whilst not essential, competence in any additional European languages will be well welcomed
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive salary (pro-rated)
- An opportunity to build your knowledge of the Financial Markets and the career opportunities they provide
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- Great offices in the heart of the City, with transport, shopping and restaurants right on your doorstep
- Office perks including free hot drinks, cereal and fruit as well as occasional hot breakfasts, lunches and after work drinks
- The chance to join our 2021 graduate programme if you perform well over the summer
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!