Marketing and Communications
Say hello to the NDA group graduate programme
We’re the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) group, delivering one of the world’s most important environmental programmes to decommission the UK’s earliest nuclear facilities.
Our group is responsible for 17 nuclear sites in all parts of the UK, together with specialist nuclear waste and international transport businesses. And our work is growing, with more facilities joining us to be decommissioned in the next decade.
Sustainability, safety, and security are at the heart of our long-term mission to prepare our sites for their next use, work which spans into the next century.
As an NDA group graduate, you’ll get the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution towards the delivery of our nationally important mission. During our two-year graduate programme, you’ll take part in three placements in different parts of the NDA group. You’ll start with a 12-month placement, before completing two six-month opportunities. In exchange for your contribution, you’ll be supported at the end of the programme to secure a role in the NDA group.
We have Marketing and Communications graduate opportunities available within the NDA group.
Introduction to/overview of the discipline
As a graduate focusing on marketing or communications, you will help to manage the reputation and image of the group, working to develop understanding and support among key audiences through planned campaigns.
Some examples of the type of work you might get involved in include:
- Using various forms of digital media and traditional communication tools to build, maintain and manage the reputation of the organisation among internal and external stakeholders, as well as promoting and raising awareness of its capabilities with customers through planned marketing activities
- Supporting the implementation of plans and developing materials to support marketing activities
- Working with news media to promote key messages and protect reputation
- Disseminating key messages through communications channels including social media and websites
- Supporting stakeholder relations activities through external profiling events and the delivery of internal employee events
- Communications and stakeholder liaison to support emergency / incident response
- Helping to engage, inform and enthuse employees through internal communications activities
Roles in this area offer the opportunity to gain experience working in a varied working environment. Bringing new ideas, knowledge and fresh-thinking will be an integral part of this placement.
Throughout your two-year journey on the NDA group graduate programme you will be employed by Energus whilst being supported by an industry leading sponsoring organisation.
At the end of your two-year programme, you will be supported in securing a role with the NDA group.
- A minimum of a 2:2 in a relevant degree subject, achieved within the last 5 years
- Have the full right to work in the UK by the commencement of your employment and for the duration of it
- Successful completion of security clearance checks
- Applicants must be willing and able to travel and relocate. Energus head office is based in Workington, Cumbria, however role locations will vary dependent on sponsor location.
Start date: September 2024
The recruitment and selection process consists of the following stages:
- Online application form - please complete all required sections of the application to ensure this is submitted successfully.
- Online assessments & videos - throughout your recruitment journey you will be invited to complete online assessments which may contain video elements.
- Assessment centre – these will be delivered face to face and will involve various activities, alongside insightful information around the nuclear industry and our programme.
- Offer - following our assessment centres, we aim to issue outcomes within two weeks. Successful candidates will begin their exciting journey as a NDA group graduate, working with our dedicated Energus People & Skills team to complete security paperwork ahead of starting the programme in September 2024.
- Onboarding - we welcome all our graduates ahead of the start date, through social media groups and welcome sessions, ensuring you are prepared, and any support required is in place, providing you with the best start to your exciting future as a NDA group graduate.
Face-to-face assessment centres will take place week commencing 3rd March 2024. If you are invited to an assessment centre and unable to attend, unfortunately you may be unable to complete the selection process.
We encourage you to regularly check emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) throughout the selection process, all correspondence including selection invitation will be sent via email.
Closing Date: Sunday 14th January - Any applications received after this date will not be considered. NDA group graduate roles will be closed when maximum application numbers are reached. We encourage that you apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. Please note only one NDA group graduate application is required, please do not submit multiple applications.
- Salary £30,000 per year
- £5,500 individual travel budget
- £3,500 flexible individual training budget
- £9,900 core training & development
- Access to three secondments to give you experience across the breadth of the UK nuclear sector
- A dedicated team of experts to support your development and progress throughout your time on the programme
- A sponsor company lead to provide you with day-to-day support during your programme and with your secondments
- A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme who will stay with you throughout your NDA group graduate journey
- A comprehensive, tailored programme of professional development
- The support of a dedicated NDA group graduate programme team throughout the two years of your graduate programme. As Mental Health First Aiders the team are fully equipped to assist you through your NDA group graduate journey
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 6 discretionary days leave for study and relocation
- Energus contributory pension scheme
- Energus Employee Assistance Programme and DigiCare+
- EnergUS Extras, providing in-house news, wellbeing resources and employee discounts
- Membership of up to 2 professional institutions
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme service offering a 24/7 support line
- Opportunity to participate in our Cycle2Work Scheme
Energus is a member of the disability confident scheme. When requested we will endeavour to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process and we guarantee to interview all candidates who have a disability who meet all of the essential criteria for the vacancy. In cases where we have a high volume of candidates who have a disability who meet all of the essential criteria, we will interview the best candidates from within that group.