Spreadex is the world’s largest sports spread betting company. We also offer fixed odds sports betting, financial spread betting and casino betting. The company was established in 1999 and has steadily grown both revenues and profits since its inception. We now employ 150 people in our modern offices in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Continued expansion has led us to look for a Marketing Executive to help with the promotion of our products and services to our client base and potential new customers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking to recruit a productive, organised, hard-working and creative Marketing Executive who will be primarily focussed on promoting our sports betting product but will also be involved in our financial and casino products.
A passion for sports and a detailed awareness of the major current sporting events will be crucial in this role as will an interest in and good understanding of the mechanics of sports spread betting and fixed odds betting. A basic understanding of the workings of the financial markets is also preferred but not a requirement.
You will have excellent English skills and the ability to write creatively about sports in context of betting. You will also have an eye for detail with basic design skills and be comfortable in dealing with numbers and spreadsheets, with competency in numeracy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Junior Marketing Executive, you will assist all members of the marketing team in their daily tasks. This will include collaborating with the Affiliate Manager in administration tasks to help grow this area of the business, ensuring our partners sites are utilising our up-to-date promos and logos and analysing the partnership deals. Assisting the CRM Manager to improve activity levels from customers by testing and analysing conversion percentages and highlighting areas for improvement.
This role will also work closely with our content writers (sports and financials), helping to produce exciting and attractive material across multiple platforms and reviewing the site SEO metadata to boost natural search results. You will be responsible for setting up and maintaining campaigns, ads or adgroups, analysing the data to determine areas for improvement.
The position will include design responsibilities such as sourcing material for our ads, website, emails, affiliates, and social platforms in addition to creating graphics for our IT department on request. You will also support our Head of Marketing Operations and Head of Digital Marketing across our Sponsorship deals with Burnley and Fulham Football Clubs.
Finally, the successful candidate will also be expected to assist other areas of the business such as back office and compliance, by answering customer promotion queries and creating product update emails, landing pages or web login messages to our clients.
- Experience of working in a marketing department within betting, trading, or wider sports industries is desirable.
- Educated to degree level.
- Dedicated, hard-working and productive with attention to detail and clear initiative to spot opportunities and make suggestions
- Thorough and organised approach to work, with the ability to follow instruction and work through allocated tasks in accordance with assigned priorities and deadlines
- Good numeracy skills, with a strong commercial and financial awareness.
- Passion and interest in a range of different sports and knowledge of sports betting industry including how spread betting works
- Excellent English and grammar skills and the ability to write about sport in the context of sports betting with a creative and engaging style.
- Ability to liaise with clients via email regarding promotional questions on their accounts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Able to identify relevant images from our image archive subscriptions and edit, crop, and resize these to a high artistic standard using Photoshop.
- Good understanding of basic design principles such as use of negative space, margins, consistency of fonts and colours and the ability to create content within defined style guides.
- Ability to learn and work with several different marketing applications such as updating the website via CMS systems or creating email designs within Email Service Providers.
- Willingness to occasionally be flexible with hours to cover events or client entertainment outside of the normal working week
- · Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- · 25 days holiday, rising to 30 after 4 years
- · Group Life Assurance at 4 x basic salary.
- · Employee Assistance Programme with access to face-to-face counselling.
- · Regular company social events
- · Private car parking
- · Annual Season ticket loan
After 3 months:
- · Competitive contributory pension scheme
- · Private Health Scheme with discounts to gyms, travel, and cinema tickets
St Albans, Hertfordshire