Founded in 1969, DHL is the world's leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses.? DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world's leading logistics provider and by DHL joining Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow.
The Programme Overview:
DHL's marketing team creates awareness, generates interest and drives demand across the wide range of supply chain solutions, and as such plays a pivotal role in the growth of the business. This highly specialised and the experienced team are responsible for :
- Building recognition and familiarity of the DHL Supply Chain brand among our target audience. By effectively promoting the brand message, values and unique selling propositions, marketing aims to make the brand memorable and top of mind
- Driving leads through various marketing campaigns and channels, marketing attracts customers and motivates them to take the next step in the buying journey. By creating compelling messaging, marketing helps generate leads and conversions that contribute to sales and revenue growth
- Understanding customers needs by gathering data and insight which builds a deeper understanding of needs, preferences and behaviours and supports customer satisfactions and loyalty
The Marketing Graduate programme is all about developing marketing leaders for the future. Successful candidates will work across multiple industries such as retail, consumer, automotive, technology, life sciences & healthcare, aviation & travel and engineering & manufacturing to name a few. Depending on which area you are placed within the Marketing department will determine which opportunities you are exposed to. Whether it's getting out to sites to create photo and video content with the Brand Awareness team, attending customer events and days out with the Customer Engagement team or building tailored campaigns and measuring every success in the Product Campaign team. The opportunities in the Marketing programme are a fantastic way to experience multiple areas of the industry.
Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company.
You'll manage the creation, or re-creation of content such as case studies, quarterly content for account owners and regional content for our global eNewsletter. You'll support marketing managers in the execution of go to market campaigns and as data plays a huge part in modern marketing, you'll also support with reporting and analysis of contact acquisition and accounts insights. You'll also create and share updates for the wider growth community.
If you're a dedicated, tenacious, well presented and a high-energy individual with first-class communication skills we'll be committed to help drive your career forward.
What will the programme look like:
- 24-month structured programme (2 x 12-month placements)
- Level 3 Marketing Executive Apprenticeship
- Placements will differ offering you a variety of experience and you will be classed as a remote worker with the expectation to travel to site when needed
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions
- Give back to the community through DHL's Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
Required Personal Qualities:
- Do not require a management or Supply Chain and Logistics degree but you should have a desire to progress within this discipline
- Be ambitious and goal driven with a desire to build a career in Marketing
- A desire to develop and a willingness to learn
- Positive approach to work, 'Can do' attitude
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates may be required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment (DHL does not offer visa sponsorships)
- Must be fluent in English
- No minimum degree grade
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary and grade increase throughout and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Starting Salary: £29,000 per annum.
Working week: 37.5 hours
Want to know more? Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear from our Marketing Leadership Team and current graduates and ask any more questions you may have.
Our application process is simple – you'll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you'll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
Marketing Experience Day Date: 7 March 2024 in person in Birmingham