Marketing Specialist Intern (Bachelor's or Master's) - UK
Challenge yourself and find the career path in Marketing that you’re passionate about while gaining real-world experience! Plan and implement marketing projects in collaboration with your team. Partner with an experienced mentor to determine your career goals and strengths. Collaborate with Cisco Marketing leaders and work in areas such as brand, product, public relations, social media, operations and/or market research. Learn the foundations of marketing and use those skills to help jump-start your career.
What you’ll do
- Use and expand your marketing and communications skills by completing a 12-week internship in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Gain insight into how a large, global marketing organization functions, with hands on experience gained through live projects and campaigns.
- Participate in global research project in small teams of interns to problem solve some of Marketing’s biggest challenges, presenting your findings live on CiscoTV in front of Marketing leaders and peers.
- Take part in a variety of development opportunities, networking events, volunteer and social activities throughout the summer.
- Internship assignments will be based on your educational background, skills, aspirations, and interests.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Business / International Business or a related area, OR
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in any subject and able to demonstrate awareness and application of marketing concepts and approaches through volunteering, work experience or independent study
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional languages are a plus
- Team oriented, with strong communication skills and influencing skills
- Driven and self-motivated with a sense of curiosity
- Demonstrated exposure to (study, internship, coursework, volunteering or work experience) in one or more of:
- Market research and analysis
- Data analytics and insights
- Content creation
- Marketing project planning and execution
- Precise, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines.
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, creativity and problem solving skills.
- You should have a legal right to live and work in the UK
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (35 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it).
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!