Apply by: 23.12.2021
Global Water Intelligence (GWI) is looking for a Marketing Strategist to specialise in developing targeted marketing campaigns, projects, and lead generation initiatives across the global water sector.
The role offers the opportunity to focus on creative and strategic projects which will play an active role in fuelling the growth and success of a global brand working in one of the most important industries in the world.
Our marketing strategy is shaped by the wealth of research we produce, proactively capitalising on market trends, and conveying value propositions and narratives in a professional yet accessible form. This is an exciting opportunity to join a strong and developing team at a time where the business is growing and expanding as the market leader for data, intelligence and networking in the water industry.
The Marketing Strategist will collaborate with the wider marketing team, sales team and research team to assess emerging opportunities in the sector where GWI’s products, services and platforms are suitable and needed. We strongly believe in a consultative approach where our marketing and sales are directly linked to the genuine needs and interests of our prospective customers.
Campaigns, projects and initiatives can take many forms and the successful candidate will be able to shape the work produced across our communication channels and in a range of multimedia formats. Customer-focused email campaigns, social media posts and infographics, and promotional videos are a few examples of previous work.
The Marketing Strategist will develop a detailed understanding of the markets and segments within the global water sector and become an expert in identifying topics and trends that will drive interest towards our research and data.
We are looking for a creative and keen individual who is excited by the prospect of analysing the global market and actively developing projects and initiatives that will have a tangible effect on growing our business.
- Creating and executing content-led marketing campaigns, projects, and lead generation initiatives through email, social media and conferences
- Bridging marketing and sales through effective communication, efficient lead and prospect transfer between teams, and adapting sales ideas into marketing initiatives
- Involvement in developing marketing strategies and value propositions for product launches and updates
- Developing our brand voice and ensuring marketing output aligns with our brand and products
- Target audience profiling, segmentation and list building
- Active participation in media partnership management, partner conference logistics and marketing material production
We are happy to consider bright graduates or candidates with experience in a similar role. If you enjoy learning about complex topics, have a can-do attitude and are motivated by achieving collective goals then we would love to hear from you. Previous marketing experience is not essential, but if you do have a marketing background, marketers from B2B market intelligence, events or publishing firms, or graduates with a science or technology background are preferred.
Please submit a CV and a covering letter explaining in fewer than 200 words why you are applying for the job and what you think you can contribute to us that would make a real difference.
The closing date for applications is 23 December 2021.
We encourage you to apply early, as we may close the vacancy if we receive sufficient applications.
We will not consider any CVs sent without covering letters, or applications with generic covering letters not tailored to the vacancy.
Global Water Intelligence is an ambitious company with around 70 employees spread between Oxford, Austin (Texas) and Shanghai (China). We publish market leading magazines, databases, and reports on the international water industry. Additionally, we run a series of successful events.
We have a unique corporate culture which can be summed up as follows:
- We are global: Our market is totally international, and we need to reflect that. We travel a lot and around 40% of our staff don’t come from the UK.
- We work for each other: We do work hard, but not out of fear or greed. It is because we care for each other and it lightens the load of everyone if we all pull together.
- We balance the commercial with the idealistic: We are passionately committed to addressing the world’s water challenges, but we can only do what we do because we are a profitable business.
GWI employees are enrolled on a company pension plan and receive a holiday allowance of 25 days per year. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to attend relevant training courses and conferences to develop within the role.