Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 10 weeks
Start Dates: Monday 4th July 2022
Application Deadlines: End of May 2022 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,500 pro rata
For a company like L'Oréal, consumer satisfaction is at the core of everything we do. Selling our 34 international brands is a challenge that takes a lot of creativity and tenacity. As a Marketing intern you’ll be placed into one of these exciting brands and are expected to get stuck in, thinking of innovative ways to tailor our products to a UK audience.
We have multiple Marketing Summer Internship roles which sit across lots of our brands/teams. Once you have been recruited, we use the feedback from your Assessment Centre to match you up to a role where you will thrive the most! This could be roles which are more social media focused, roles focused on medical marketing or even more commercially focused marketing roles. Please be prepared to be open-minded with the role that we select for you and trust we will find you the perfect role for you!
Marketing within the fast moving consumer goods sector is dynamic, reactive and requires plenty of unique ideas for how L'Oréal can best stand out. You’ll be working on your own live projects and briefs, where you’ll be assessing our competitors, supporting on brand launches and working closely with commercial, visual merchandising and digital to enable a full 360 marketing campaign.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Performing a competitor analysis: pricing and market awareness/tracking
- Managing projects; including adaptation of international product concepts/advertising to the UK
- Budgeting; forecasting costs accurately, tracking spend and ability to save costs where appropriate
- Data analysis; extracting the correct data for analysis, and ability to interpret and relay the data.
- Creative strategy; manage campaigns with both clear strategic and innovative input.
- Designing; briefing artwork agencies on designs for product packaging and point of sale materials and supporting the process through design and print until the materials reach the retailer
- Brainstorming new ingredient and name ideas, reviewing product submissions, evaluating the beauty market and voting on final product names and packaging
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
- Sense of initiative and problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work to deadlines whilst under pressure
- Proactivity, with a keen eye for improved efficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Good all-round performer with emphasis on creativity and numerical skill.
- Able to work autonomously
- Eligible to work in the UK
- A university undergraduate (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.