Are you interested in experiencing a fascinating industry with some amazing challenges such as developing protection for satellite launches, major sporting events, and large construction projects? Would you like to find out more about how we work with our clients to manage and quantify risks such as piracy, cyber and flooding? That is just to name a few…
Our Summer Internship Development Programme is a 9 week paid internship and will start on June 28th 2021.
The programme provides penultimate year students with an accelerated foundation to their career. It’s a challenging and rewarding programme where you will be working on real projects with real clients. During the internship, we will also enroll you on to our skills development programme - your development, growth and wellbeing is important to us at Marsh, because the changes we want to see in our industry will happen through you. If you are successful on the internship, we will look to offer you a position on our Graduate programme.
What do we value?
- Be a penultimate year student and expected to achieve a minimum 2.1 degree classification or equivalent in any degree discipline.
- In order to apply, candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or Republic of Ireland
- No Visa sponsorship
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships.
- Adaptability and learning agility.
- Language and coding skills are also desirable but not essential.
What is a typical ‘Day in the Life’ of a Marsh Summer Intern
Below are examples of some of the type of roles you can get involved in:
Within broking you could be working within a specialty team to understand all the risks associated with a particular sector and then working with a team to broker a deal.
As a Client Executive you’ll be liaising with your clients and understanding their business, the risks and what value looks like for them. You’ll then be in a position to advise on the best course of action for their risk management and work with the broking teams to make this happen.
Working on projects means that you will gain exposure across multiple lines of insurance both internally and externally, allowing you to build an extensive network of talented professionals.
What’s in it for you?
- A dynamic and driven workforce
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Employee Resource Groups which promote the many background and perspectives of our colleagues
- Volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Benefits e.g. competitive salary and holidays
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!