**This role is open to being fully remote or based out of our London offices**
We’re rebuilding insurance. For good. Powered by technology, curiosity and non-stop innovation, we’re creating a new kind of insurance that’s cheaper, faster, and fairer.
We’ve grown incredibly quickly over the past 4 years, and now provide tens of thousands of customers with tech-centric car insurance, all with a 4.6* Trustpilot score and a friendly customer service team only a button away.
We are a team of over 100 culture-centric and product-centric people, and although we’ve made huge progress over the past few years, 99% of the problems we need to solve are still ahead of us. Insurance touches the lives of billions of people with trillions being spent on it every year, and we intend to totally disrupt it. With that in mind, we’re looking for more bright, passionate people to help us get there.
For the inside scoop on our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like, have a read of our culture handbook
Claims at Marshmallow
This is a chance to work in a high growth tech scaleup by joining as one of the first claims-focused roles at Marshmallow. Our newly-formed claims operations team will be the first point of contact for customers who have had an accident, and it’s our aim to get them back on the road as soon as possible. We are committed to re-imagining the claims experience, and you will play a key role in delivering a best-in-class service for our customers.
As a Motor Claims Handler - Executive you will be joining our growing claims operations team. Your roles will vary as we take this first step on our claims journey to bring some services in house.
You will have the opportunity to specialise in sections of the claims journey but initially you will be responsible for receiving calls from customers who are reporting their accidents to us, contacting third party drivers who have been involved in accidents with our customers, providing claim updates, administrating and deciding how best to take each claim forward. You’ll be someone who enjoys the challenge of understanding complex situations and making sense of them. Naturally empathetic, you also know how important it is to deliver exceptional service to customers over the phone and by email. By joining a start-up environment, we expect you’ll be excited by the prospect of moving fast and adapting to change. And whilst your main focus will be speaking with customers, like all roles at Marshmallow we will encourage you to collaborate with your teammates to find the best solutions and improvements to our processes, setting us up for success.
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like on our website.
What you will achieve in your first 12 months at Marshmallow hmm
- Providing outstanding service when a customer makes a motor claim over the phone with Marshmallow, ensuring their needs are taken care of sensitively and effectively (e.g. liaising with our partners to ensure a seamless customer experience)
- Collecting and recording accurate details from our customers, and asking questions to get a full and clear understanding on the circumstances of the claim
- Verifying and monitoring claims received digitally, and following up with customers to ensure their needs are taken care of
- Comparing / validating information given by customers, and being alert to fraud concerns to ensure only genuine claims are progressed (escalating where necessary to our specialist fraud team)
- Using liability assessment tools and case law to help establish liability
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers and third parties, identifying where and how we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier
- Selling the benefits of using claims services provided by Marshmallow to third party drivers, so we can organise their vehicle repairs and alternative vehicles as necessary
- Using your initiative as well as various tools / databases to locate driver contact details
Who you are
- You have a great eye for detail
- You have excellent telephone manner
- You can make decisions quickly
- You enjoy problem-solving
- You are a quick learner and embrace change
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership
- You are organised and can be relied upon to get things done
Experiences that will help you succeed
- Experience working in a customer-facing role, with ideal candidates having some phone-based service or insurance experience (but not necessarily claims)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desirable: knowledge of motor claims processes
- Desirable: experience dealing with customers that have are vulnerable, aggrieved or distressed
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays)
- Health insurance
- Therapy through Self Space
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning and training
- Budget to help you set up working from home
- Mac iOS Tech set up laptop
- To meet our regulatory obligations as an FCA authorised financial services company, Marshmallow needs to conduct background checks on all new hires. This means carrying out a DBS check and checking for any live criminal proceedings. Please ask our Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions about this.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!