Apply for an internship and spend your summer enhancing your skills, sharing your ideas and making a difference in the real world.
Who are Mastercard?
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Mastercard is a driving force at the heart of commerce, enabling global transactions and bringing insight into the payments process to make commerce faster, more secure, and more valuable to everyone involved. As a critical link among financial institutions and millions of businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide, Mastercard provides services in more than 210 countries and territories.
Mastercard Intern Program
The Mastercard Intern Program is a comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives.
Across the 10-12 weeks, you’ll jump into experiencing work & life at Mastercard whilst gaining valuable professional experience and the opportunity to network. Successful interns also have the opportunity to secure a place of our Launch program upon graduating, which you can find out more about here.
Mastercard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession with security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for talented software engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
- Impactful assignments that drive business results.
- Networking sessions and leadership speaker’s series.
- Volunteer and team building experiences.
- Innovative thinking and thoughtful risk-taking.
- Ability to partner across the organization.
- Sound communication skills.
- Languages: English to professional standard, additional languages would be of an advantage.
- Evidence of strong academics, predicted to achieve UK 2.1 or equivalent.
- Penultimate year student pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree.
- Studying a Computer Science, Software Engineering or related degree.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, etc.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact us and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.