Aerodynamics Engineer Graduate
Aerodynamics at MBDA has a broad range of multi-disciplinary skills and a wide range of ongoing activities, providing opportunities to work on the entire MBDA UK portfolio from concept phase, through maturation and development, to in-service support. As part of the UK defence industry, we are able to provide unique opportunities across a wide range of applications.As a graduate you'llget the opportunity to work alongside a team of world-class aerodynamicists at the forefront of missile aerodynamics.
What’s the opportunity?
You will be designing the missiles of the future, learning to use cutting-edge aerodynamic techniques with guidance and support from our team of aerodynamicists.
You will undertake four 6-month placements giving exposure to the various aspects of the department. The department aims to give you exposure to the following areas throughout your 2 years on the graduate scheme:
- Design of a range of missiles, in all the different stages of their development (concept, assessment, development, in-service)
- Stealth, propulsion, thermal and structural aspects of missile design and how these feed in to a multi-disciplinary design approach
- Application and development of our bespoke tools alongside commercial software to evaluate the performance of airframes
- Missile integration onto land, naval and air platforms
- Integration of solid rocket motors and air-breathing engines into missile airframes and their impact on missile aerodynamics and overall performance
Whilst on the programme you will participate in a number of personal and professional development courses run specifically for graduates. You will also have access to a vast number of company-lead internal technical courses which cover all aspects of missile design alongside many Chartered Engineers from a wide range of professional bodies.
Past graduates have also spent a placement externally to work at DSTL, ARA, S&C Thermofluids and Roxel Motors. These placements help our graduates to gain an understanding of customers and supplier workflows and how they feed into MBDA products.
MBDA is a multinational company with offices across Europe, there may be opportunities to travel both within the UK and abroad.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified in an aerospace engineering or other related subject to a minimum 2:2.
- A passion for aerodynamics and propulsion
- The ability to clearly communicate and present ideas including preparing technical presentations and reports.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!