What’s the opportunity?
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) addresses the unintentional generation, propagation and reception of electromagnetic energy which may cause unwanted effects in equipment. We evaluate our products performance through test, analysis and/or assessment, to the effects of the products intended electromagnetic environment.
Be involved in an essential part of the process that qualifies our products and gain skills and knowledge in EMC Engineering.
What will you be doing?
You will be hands-on testing missiles, subsystems and weapons systems in the UKAS accredited test facility which will build your EMC knowledge. Receive training from our experienced EMC engineers so that you can progress towards conducting tests independently. You could be involved in a range of work; from microcontroller electronics (hardware/software), OPSENS development and even antenna design.
The role will involve:
- Undertaking essential training to enable the safe use of equipment within the facility.
- Hands-on experience of trials performed in the EMC test facility which may include:
- Radiated & Conducted Emissions
- Radiated & Conducted Susceptibility
- Electrostatic Discharge, Nuclear EMP, Shielding Effectiveness, Safety measurements
- Creating a detailed log book to assist with learning and chartership opportunities.
- Writing EMC documentation to support projects.
- Opportunities to get involved in other research projects within EMC
What are the benefits to you?
- Work in a technically exciting and thought provoking function.
- Work amongst experienced test and systems EMC engineers.
- Specific formal and informal training that will aid your personal development.
- Hands-on experience with real hardware.
- Work on a range of products across all MBDA projects, which could include missiles and weapon systems.
What’s great about joining this team?
You will be working in a team of friendly EMC engineers, with a great depth and breadth of expertise that puts you in a rich learning environment. The team are keen to improve the facility and for you to bring fresh ideas. All of the EMC engineers are extremely supportive and willing to help you learn and progress in your development.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in EMC, Electrical, Electronic, Engineering, Applied Physics, Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated to learn.
- Good communication skills
- Interest in learning through practical work in the test facilities.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Knowledge of Labview or MPLAB is desirable, but not essential.
What would you get?
- £16,000, £17,00 or £18,000 Salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Sporting activities
- Fantastic site facilities
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!