What’s the opportunity?
The Integration & System Validation (ISV) department plays a critical role in the development and proving of MBDA’s new and existing products. ISV engineers work on a variety of tasks such as; aircraft, naval and land integration activities, weapon system integration and trials support and conduct.
What will you be doing?
Work with all aspects of the project to ensure trial delivery, including mechanical & electrical engineering, test equipment and trials conduct. Your placement could be in:
- Weapon systems integration testing of sub-system and system level functionality,
- Functional proving of system response and performance,
- Integration of missiles and weapon systems onto delivery platforms,
- Trials planning and support to trials clearance documentation,
- Conduct of sub-system and system trials at various levels of maturity,
- Conduct of Firing trials and system level acceptance support.
- The role will suit someone who is keen for travel; there will be some essential travel when conducting trials activities. Depending on the projects it may be within the UK or Internationally.
What are the benefits for you?
- Gain a broad view of the company and the wider UK defence environment.
- Work with people at all levels across the business.
- Engage with customers.
- Learn to use a coding language (MATLAB, VBA, C, Python)
- Collaborate with other employees based in France, Germany and Italy.
- Be a fully integrated member of the team and have the opportunity to take responsibility.
- Be supported by experienced and talented engineers.
What’s great about joining this team?
- Variety of work; every day is different.
- A supportive team with people from different disciplines and backgrounds; offering a new perspective on a given issue.
- There is a culture of change and a focus on innovative ways of improving system readiness and reliability.
“ISV grads get a broad understanding of Weapon Systems as we interact with so many of the Project Teams. We get hands on time with real Hardware which you don’t always get in the other teams (i.e. Hands-on experience with Weapon Systems; gaining an insight into what goes into a Weapon and how it works)” Matt, ISV Graduate.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in Maths, Physics, Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering or a related Engineering subject
- Enjoy problem solving and have a common-sense approach.
- Ability to communicate clearly through written English,
- Enjoy contributing to and being part of a supportive team
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!