What’s the opportunity?
Major Equipment Procurement (MEP) is responsible for defining, managing and maintaining our international supply chain. Without the support of its large network of Suppliers, we would not have the capability to design, manufacture and support our world leading weapon systems. Unlike typical commodity based procurement organisations, MEP is responsible for procuring the bespoke major sub-systems in each weapon system. The supplier is the Design Authority for this sub-system such as Motors and Power Supplies.
We develop and manage successful long term relationships with each of our Suppliers to ensure we obtain capability, value, and on time delivery throughout the life of MBDA’s products.
What will you be doing?
We are involved throughout the lifecycle of products; from the initial concept right through to the ‘In-Service’ and ‘Disposals’ stages. Throughout, there is a need to manage each Supplier’s contractual, technical, pricing and performance aspects. This offers you the opportunity to experience a wide range of scenarios.
The role is very diverse, and your specific responsibilities will vary depending on the maturity of the project. You will be the primary liaison between MBDA and your assigned Suppliers, responsible for managing the relationship, contractual terms and conditions, and ensuring that the Supplier meets their agreed deliveries.
Responsibilities can vary from initial Supplier selection through to procuring support services with existing suppliers for in service weapon systems.
We will support and develop you to allow you to build a specialist skill set which will involve some of the following:
- Managing long term business relationships with subcontractors by implementing Supplier Relationship Management techniques.
- Monitoring the commercial health of Suppliers and identifying risks and opportunities in order to protect MBDA’s commercial interests.
- Negotiate, draft and manage contracts as well as other industrial agreements so they meet the requirements of the task, minimising risk and providing maximum value.
- Assisting in the development of Supplier strategies to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans.
- Running Supplier meetings including regular progress reviews to ensure that contractual obligations are being met.
- Ensuring the Supplier delivers to programme in line with project requirements within authorised budgets and technical requirements.
- Use of procurement tools to ensure efficient management of our supply base.
- Working within multifunctional project teams to ensure that all internal and external progress milestones are met or exceeded and that the Supplier obtains the required inputs from us.
What’s great about joining this team?
The MEP environment is dynamic, with diverse and fast moving requirements, each of which will prove stimulating but a rewarding experience.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified by September 2020 in any subject to a minimum 2:2
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills to successfully integrate within the existing team
- Have an interest in working in a commercial environment
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!