Manufacturing Engineering is part of the Operations directorate based at our Manufacturing Centre of Excellence. Manufacturing consists of Assembly, Integration and Test of all our products for the company. The products we make are delivered directly to the customer/end user and therefore manufacturing are vitally important to the delivery aspects of MBDAs business.
What’s the opportunity?
Manufacturing engineers work closely with design to influence the productability of designs. They are also responsible for the ‘how’ we build our products including being responsible for:
- Any tooling required to build our products.
- Instructions on how to build our products.
- The cost of manufacture of our products.
- The industrial validations of our production lines and our suppliers.
- Day-to-day support of our operators building our products.
- The architecture of the production lines.
- Developing new manufacturing processes.
Each day for a manufacturing engineer is different, it is a mix of time spent on the shop floor and office based working. There are also opportunities to travel to other MBDA sites and countries, plus visiting suppliers.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified by September 2021 in: Physics or Maths or various Engineering degrees (Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Systems, Electrical/Electronic and General).
- An ‘Engineering Mind-set’. This is the ability to take technical information and turn it into something that can be used in building our products, the ability to find improvements and cost saving in the production of our products, the problem solving when something needs fixing.
- Training in the use of tools will be provided, as necessary, but previous use of tools such as Simul8, MRP tools (SAP), Engineering Drawing tools (Creo), Configuration Control would be an advantage.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in the UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!