What’s the opportunity?
The Mechanical Engineering department develops physical solutions from concept through to production on missiles and weapon systems. The nature of complex weapons and the environments they operate in present an extensive scope of unique and interesting mechanical engineering challenges.
What will you be doing?
Experience a placement in one of the following areas:
- Mechanical Design – Be involved in all stages of design from concept development through to manufacture. This role relies on CAD tools and gives opportunity to be involved in laboratory test programs
- Mechanical Future Concepts – Positioned at the cutting-edge of missile technology, gain experience in the early stages of the product lifecycle from concept generation to research & development (R&D) studies.
- Mechanical Analysis – Develop specialist technical solutions to aid the design process. With Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools and laboratory testing, conduct detailed stress and thermal analysis on structures and mechanical systems.
- Actuation Systems – Working within a multi-disciplinary team on the electro-mechanical design of fin, wing and seeker actuation systems. The role is broadly similar to the Mechanical Design placement with the added possibility of working in a cross-discipline, international team.
- Materials and Processes- Advise design teams in the principles of materials science, and evaluate their ideas against material compatibility; this offers the chance to get involved in top-tier research of novel materials as well as practical lab based assessments.
What’s great about joining this Function?
Hands-on work experience can be gained from all placements and interaction with hardware is highly encouraged to help further understanding of our products. This could mean use of rapid prototyping facilities, getting involved in external manufacture or participating in assembly builds and laboratory tests.
Learn from our engineer’s knowledge in complex weapons and Defence technology across all departments.
What we are looking for from you?
Currently studying towards a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or Control Systems Engineering.
What would you get?
- £16,000, £17,00 or £18,000 Salary dependant on year of study, pro-rated for 10-12 week placement
- Flexible working
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Sporting activities
- Fantastic site facilities
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!