What is the Opportunity?
Our Sensors department works on projects that cover the full product lifecycle from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes. The role cover RF Systems and Datalink technologies with applications covering systems design work, hardware and firmware.
You will be able to perform technical investigations and provide problem assessments and design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What will you be doing?
You will gain knowledge of sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system.
RF Systems & Datalinks
You will gain an understanding in some of the following:
- A variety of radio frequency sub-systems, including data communications; radars and radio altimeters, typically operating between 1 and 18GHz.
- Specification and assessment of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers.
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Research and design activities in conjunction with French, Italian and/or German colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
- Opportunity to apply university learning to our projects and to impact their direction
- Varied and stimulating work
- On the job training about all the various subsystems and technologies within MBDA
- Opportunities to support lab and field trials
- Thought provoking, innovative and rewarding projects
- See projects at some of the different phases of the product lifecycle
- Variety of work, from computational modelling all the way through to field trials, presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
What’s great about joining this team?
- Work with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance
- Interaction with other groups across the wider technical departments as well as external customers and suppliers
- Learn from a team of highly skilled and versatile engineers and physicists with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience.
- Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary
What are we looking for from you?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in applied physics, electronics, engineering or any other related subjects
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
What would you get?
- £18,000 Salary pro-rated over the 10 months
- Flexible working hours
- Paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Employee funded voluntary private healthcare
- Sporting activities
- Paid holiday
- Fantastic site facilities
- A share of the annual Company Bonus
- On the job learning and development opportunities.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!