Our Sensors department works on projects that cover the full product lifecycle from research, through to early concept phase, to full product design and production programmes. The role covers RF Systems and Datalink technologies with applications covering systems design work, hardware and firmware.
You will be able to perform highly scientific technical investigations, provide problem assessments, and design solutions within a culture of innovative thinking.
What's the opportunity?
You will gain an in-depth knowledge of sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system. Hands on testing, integrating and designing industry leading hardware and system components.
You will gain an understanding in some of the following areas:
- A variety of radio frequency sub-systems, including data communications; radars and radio altimeters, typically operating between 1 and 18GHz.
- Specification and assessment of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers.
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Research and design activities in conjunction with French, Italian and/or German colleagues.
You'll also have the opportunity to apply university learning to our projects and to impact their direction as well as supporting lab and field trials. You'll see projects at some of the different phases of the product lifecycle. Whatever you'll be involved in you'll work with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance and interact with other groups across the wider technical departments as well as external customers and suppliers.
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in applied physics, electronics, engineering or any other related subjects
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!