The Weapon System Command and Control (C2) department designs, develops and delivers world-class C2 products to support the delivery of missile systems. The safe and effective use of military capability relies on an effective C2 system, which enables the Weapon System operators to make the right decisions, with the right information, in order to take the right action.
What’s the Opportunity?
Successful C2 product definition requires innovative architecture, technology development and a strong, joint Systems-Software approach. You will be learning and putting into practice the end to end Systems Engineering process, which includes activities such as defining requirements, system design and architecture, carrying out design assessments, creating tests & conducting test activities and gathering formal test evidence in support of customer deliverables. This work is vital as it ensures the final C2 product is robust, meets customer requirements and enables the customer to achieve their objective effectively and safely. As part of the role, you will become familiar with key Systems Engineering software packages, namely IBM Rational DOORS and Rhapsody, in which you will develop skills through a combination of training courses and on the job learning.
You will be involved in:
- The design and development of C2 products and solutions to deliver complex systems and all-round capabilities to our Customers.
- Providing C2 support and delivering C2 solutions to a variety of MBDA programmes.
- The full end to end Systems Engineering process, from initial concepts and definition through to qualification and delivery to the customer.
Your role will give you:
Exposure to each of the stages of the product development life-cycle:
- Understanding the required system behaviours from a variety of viewpoints.
- System design and specification.
- Integration, test, and analysis of achieved system performance.
- Opportunity to further enhance your personal development by doing placements in teams and departments with alternate specialisms.
- Opportunity to work with other departments in MBDA, Customers, Suppliers and Partners.
- A broad overview of Weapon Systems and detailed knowledge and understanding of C2 products.
- Potential to travel to other locations within the UK and Europe.
- Opportunity to work in systems laboratories.
What's in it for you?
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package.
What are we looking for?
Degree qualified in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other related discipline to a minimum of 2:2.
An ability to:
- See the bigger picture, over focusing on the detail.
- Adapt your existing knowledge to other engineering domains.
- Adapt between customer-focused and technical-focused activities.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in the UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence) #LI-DNI
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!