The Network Communications (NCs) Department develops platform (Ship, Aircraft, Land Vehicle) Communications Systems and Network architectures and deliver Communications Systems and Network equipment for a range of MBDA Weapon Systems. NCs provide the Technical Expertise in the communications technologies, network architectures and integration, and a growing information and cyber security emphasis to combat the increasing threat within the Battlespace environment.
What’s the Opportunity?
As an engineer within the Network Communications department, you will be learning about and contributing to the development of communication systems, sub systems and technologies. As part of this team, you will conduct the following activities:
- Developing datalink systems to communicate between platforms and missiles.
- Working with communication and networking technologies and techniques.
- Designing Network Enabled Weapons.
- Developing networks that support weapon systems.
- Helping with future developments in technology and systems.
Your role will give you:
- Exposure to each of the stages of the Product Life-cycle:
- Understanding the required system behaviours from a variety of viewpoints,
- System design and specification,
- Integration, test, andinvestigation of achieved system performance.
- Exposure to the software development life-cycle
- Experience with Systems Engineering tools and methods such as
- Model based systems engineering using Rhapsody.
- Requirements definition, verification and validation using DOORS.
- Configuration and Change management.
- Opportunity to work with other departments in MBDA, Customers, Suppliers and Partners.
- Potential to travel to other locations within the UK or Europe.
- Opportunity to work in a lab-based environment.
What are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other related discipline.
- Able to adapt between customer-focused and technical-focused activities.
- Basic experience or understanding of communication networks (configuration, design, tools, data analysis and/or diagnosis).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!