McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognised brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food and service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are passionate about modernising our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s. The UK & Ireland market has operated in UK since 1974 and the business is growing continuously with more than 1,400 restaurants and over 136,000 employees.
We are moving fast and are adding to our outstanding team. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as an opportunity to have an impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Company Vision and Culture…
Our Global vision is to build a better McDonald’s and in the UK and Ireland we are working hard to be the UK & Ireland’s best-loved restaurant company.
Our values drive our culture and shape our beliefs, our priorities and our actions. They influence the decisions we make, how we treat one another and how we show up as a brand to the world.
Serve: We put our customers and our people first
Inclusion: We open our doors to everyone
Integrity: We do the right thing
Community: We are good neighbours
Family: We get better together
We are looking to add to our dynamic team and this is a phenomenal opportunity to work at one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world. This role is a part of a small, high-performing Business Insight team and forms a critical part of the wider Business Strategy and Insight (BSI) function, distilling the high volume of data available to us into meaningful insights that drives growth.
What will my accountabilities be?
- To translate large volumes of data into a picture of customer behaviour, influencing decision-making in the McDonald’s UK business
- To independently update and report on sales performance, and improve our regular reporting processes (ad hoc and ongoing)
- To investigate and understand the internal and external drivers behind sales and product performances (quantitative skills crucial)
- To supervise, record and analyse competitor activity and quantify the impact on McDonald’s performance
- To summarise and report on overall business performance in a concise manner
- To think on your feet and provide commercial insight for a range of business decisions
- To present business insights and strategic recommendations to a range of senior partners groups on a regular basis including the UK&I Executive Team
What Team will I be a part?
The Business Strategy and Insight (BSI) team are McDonald’s connection to our customers. Through Consumer and Business Insight teams we drive the business’ understanding of company performance, McDonald’s customer behaviour, our customers’ lives and the activities of our competitors.
Who are my customers?
To work alongside other business functions including Marketing, Finance, Food Development, Supply Chain and Operations in cross-functional teams, providing commercial guidance and results.
What background do I need to have?
You will need the demeanour and real-life experience to be able to deliver in a fast-paced and uncertain environment. You will need to engage with and inspire others across the team. Key competencies include:
- A curious approach, always seeking continuous improvement
- Ability to build relationships and influence partners across the business with strong communication skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical foundations and highly numerate
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and appreciation for the macroeconomic environment and wider retail issues
- Confident, independent and problem solver with an interest in commercial insight
- Experience in analysing sales and marketing performance, either academically or expertly
- Experience with tools to extract and manipulate data (e.g. MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL) and background in (Economics, Business, Maths)
At McDonald’s we are People from all Walks of Life...
People are at the heart of everything we do and they make the McDonald’s experience. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture that means people can be their best authentic self in our restaurants and offices, which helps us to better serve our customers.
We have a strong heritage of diversity and representation within our communities, which we are proud of. The diversity of our people, customers, Franchisees and suppliers give us strength.
We do not tolerate inequality, injustice or discrimination of any kind. These are hugely important issues and a brand with our reach and relevance means we have a very meaningful role to play.
We also recognise our responsibility as a large employer to continue being active in our communities, helping to develop skills and drive aspirations that will help people to be more aware of the world of work and more successful within it, whether with McDonald’s or elsewhere.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!