What is the purpose of this role?
To assist our construction team in the procurement and delivery of new build, refurbishment and major maintenance projects across the UK estate. Duties will include the project management of construction schemes from conception through to completion. The post will assist in delivering the company expansion being driven by a number of new restaurant openings.
What will my key accountabilities be?
- Support the Project Management team with the delivery of capital investment projects and new build restaurants.
- Inspect and evaluate potential development sites, gather and assess information on factors likely to affect development or reinvestment.
- Assist the Project Management team with the coordination and supervision with all aspects of the detailed design.
- Assist with monitoring and communicating project programmes to ensure delivery.
- Support Project Manager with project procurement and ordering.
- Assist the Project Management team to obtain financial approval on project expenditure.
- Monitor and report any variance to project expenditure.
- Assist the Project Management team with supervision of construction projects.
- Assist with monitoring contractor performance.
- Monitor and assist with completion of project appointments and documentation.
- Support Project Managers in undertaking site inspections, site meetings and defect identification inspections.
- Support the engagement of Principal Designers to ensure compliance with CDM Regulations.
- To assist with ensuring compliance with McDonald’s standards policies and specifications
What background do I need to have?
- Self-motivated, with good personal management skills.
- Able to motivate others using a range of leadership skills.
- An understanding of ‘fast track’ construction of new build and refurbishment project procurement would be advantageous.
- A good communicator, the individual would be proficient in both written and verbal communication to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and informed on project status.
- The nature of the role requires the post holder to be physically able to undertake detailed building inspection.
- Seeking to gain a professional qualification (CIOB /RICS).
- IT literate, with a full working knowledge of email, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Capable of analysing and interpreting information and data.
- Educated to degree level in either Building Surveying or Construction Management.
- A full clean driving license would be required for the post, as travel throughout the UK would be required.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!