The food and fresh produce industry is more important than ever, and companies like Sainsbury's, Aldi, Pepsico, Morrisons and Syngenta rely on the MDS graduate scheme to develop future managers in a range of disciplines.
Kickstart your career by experiencing four different roles in four different businesses worldwide. Gain a broad, cross-industry experience of the food & fresh produce supply chain. Make a real difference while gaining the skills and experience to fast-track your career, in a grad scheme which employers describe as 'packing over five years of experience into just two'.
You'll get all the management training and support you need from a leading provider with over 30 years of experience. Become part of a network of over 500 graduate leaders with a 100% employment record. We'll identify the best role and company culture for you to develop your skills and reach peak performance in the industry.
What we Offer:
- 4 varied roles in 4 different business' worldwide
- Valuable experience within a fast-paced and innovative industry
- Roles with real responsibility
- Opportunity to gain extra qualifications including level 5 Leadership and Management qualification, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute
- Access to an extensive network of companies and top industry contacts
- Coaching continued mentoring and career advice throughout the programme from industry experts
- Competitive salary, after 2 years MDS alumni have comparable salaries with other grads of over 5 years
- Excellent and diverse career prospects
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension scheme
- Outstanding training and experience
- Interest free loan upon starting to cover initial relocation costs
It has never been more important to get food from the field to the table, have you ever wondered how this is made possible? It takes some high-calibre leaders to turn raw produce into the products you see on your supermarket shelves. The food & fresh produce industry is a vital driving force that offers varied, wide-reaching and, most importantly, absolutely fundamental opportunities to make a real impact. The industry is a buzzing assortment of procurement, new product development, agronomy, finance, engineering, environmental research, production, commercial and many, many more opportunities. The MDS graduate scheme is the gateway to this exciting and critical industry.
Who are our Members?
We work with over 50 member companies, ranging from retailers to suppliers and also businesses associated with the supply chain (e.g. crop protection & market research). These include: Aldi, Sainsbury's , Syngenta, Pepsico, G's Fresh, Morrisons, Berry Gardens, Double H, Barfoots of Botley ... and many, many more. To find out more, visit: https://www.mds-ltd.co.uk/members/
Who can apply?
- Strong interpersonal skills, graduates who are capable of inspiring and leading others
- Resilient and flexible candidates who are prepared to relocate every six months
- A passion for pursuing a career in the food and fresh produce industry
- Highly motivated individuals with a thirst for the challenge of a rapidly evolving industry
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- A 2.1 degree or above, 2.2 may be considered
- We accept applicants from all degree disciplines
- Land-based, food-related, life sciences, business management, marketing or language degrees preferred
- No specific experience is required as we are more interested in your potential to develop into the leaders of tomorrow
- Full UK driving license
Hours of work:
Varied dependent on Secondment
Applications open all year round. Two intakes per year - April and October.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!