Who we are?
Frazer-Nash are a leading engineering, systems, and technology consultancy. Through our meaningful innovations and insights delivered into projects, our experts help organisations make lives safe, secure, sustainable, and affordable.
In a nutshell, engineering consultancy is all about providing advice to positively impact our clients’ projects and businesses and the wider world around us.
With the transition to net zero and the drive towards a more sustainable and more equitable society, the world is facing many challenges. Working with our clients, we are finding engineering and technology solutions, and getting a kick out of it as we do!
As a Summer Intern, you will be a part of this and you will typically be working on multiple projects simultaneously, managing your time and accruing a wealth of experience and skills. Hence, no two days in Frazer-Nash will be the same.
As a Mechanical, Aeronautical and Chemical Summer Intern you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive engineering community to help you deliver impact, learn, and excel. This community includes your fellow early careers professionals and those in the first few years of their careers through to internationally recognised experts with many decades of experience. Given the multidisciplinary and collaborative nature of our work you will be supporting not just your immediate teams, but also in a range of other fields – whether it’s engineering, digital or human sciences, we’re an interesting bunch.
This is a Mechanical, Aeronautical and Chemical Engineer Summer Internship within our Engineering stream at Frazer-Nash. As a graduate you could be joining one of the following discipline areas:
- Fluids and Thermal Engineering
- Structural and Mechanical Integrity
- Design and Concept Engineering
These areas support our Defence, Energy and Transport & Industry client sectors and are geographically based across our range of UK offices.
Within these areas you will be involved in delivery a diverse range of projects to our clients working from component level to system level, throughout all aspects of project lifecycle (from R&D to decommissioning) and in conjunction with other technical disciplines.
Your projects could include;
- aerodynamic optimisation of an offshore wind farm;
- assessing the integrity of nuclear power station equipment for extended life;
- design of a submarine maintenance platform and stand;
- prediction of cooling flow effectiveness in an aerospace jet engine;
- certification of a structure for operation during earthquakes;
- development of multi-physics novel space satellite system;
- design of process equipment for packaging and storage of nuclear waste.
The successful individuals will receive training, mentoring and coaching to support their development into becoming well-rounded consultants.
As a consultancy organisation, we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, organised and inquisitive individuals, who can solve challenging problems.
● A problem solver: with the ability to critically question what you see, to solve problems that build on your technical understanding, and show initiative and ownership for your ideas and work.
● A team player: with the ability to work with supervision and with others with different technical backgrounds.
● A self-starter: with the ability and desire to take ownership of the tasks ahead of you and deliver them to the client, project or team to create an impact.
● A communicator: with the ability to discuss and convey projects and outcomes with internal stakeholders and clients who may be themselves in a technical or non-technical role.
You will need to be on track to obtain a 2:1 Degree or higher (or equivalent/experience) with a related Engineering or relevant physical sciences bias.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Our Recruitment Process:
Step 1: Application - CV submission
Step 2: Measure Potential - Arctic Shores’ task-based assessment. You will be asked to complete some exciting, engaging tasks which will help us get to know you better! In return, you’ll receive a personalised feedback report.
Step 3: Video Interview - Situation based & technical questions that are related to the important criteria needed to be successful on the role.
Step 4: Final Stage Interview - This includes a final stage interview with opportunity to learn more about what we do.
Step 5: Decision/Feedback - You will receive feedback even if we do not make the decision to offer you the job or progress you to the next stage.
Here's what we offer:
● The opportunity to join and learn with a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
● A competitive salary: [£23,500 pro rata]
● 25 days holiday (pro rata)
● A company that has its heart in the right place and a welcoming work culture.
● Hybrid working with flexibility around life outside of work.
● Company pension scheme.
● Private healthcare membership + wellbeing support.
● Support and mentoring during your summer internship.
● Opportunity to fast track onto our graduate programme.
● Early career teams and office socials.
And a whole host more...
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a dynamic and thriving workplace culture.
- A competitive salary: [£23,500 pro rata]
Leatherhead, Bristol, Burton, Glasgow, Plymouth & Warrington