Mechanical Design Engineering Graduate Programme
About the programme
The maintenance of the Royal Navy’s ships and submarines is fundamental to its ability to defend our nation and its interests.
On this programme, you will learn how the Facilities Engineering Design team directly supports the maintenance of these critical assets, developing a deep understanding of design and maintenance processes and equipment.
Mechanical Design Engineering at Babcock
You’ll work with a team of engineers in one of the Mechanical & Nuclear Process Group teams, who act as the Technical Authority for all mechanical systems and nuclear processes on the Devonport site, to ensure that the reference designs are maintained and kept up to date.
You may also be involved in nuclear safety implicated design tasks that require a high degree of technical substantiation.
You’ll learn about different facilities on site and the design and safety due process applied to ensure that all facilities and equipment are safe, fit for purpose and comply with legislation.
What you'll need
- A BEng (Hons) degree or a BSc (Hons) degree in a relevant Engineering subject
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels - GOV.UK. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
START DATE - Autumn 2024