Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Programme – Mechanical Engineering
Education required: BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field with interest in mechanical engineering. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021.
Start date: September 2021 or before
- Willing to move between sites and relocate domestically.
*You can apply to only one Future Leader Programme in the UK.
Application deadline: We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Mechanical Engineering
Are you a highly capable engineering graduate with the skills to design, develop, improve and maintain robust, leading-edge manufacturing equipment? If so, you could be part of our supportive engineering team, ensuring we have the latest, safe, efficient and reliable equipment to deliver billions of packs of life-saving medicines to customers every year.
Develop your career
Over three years and three stretching rotations, our Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll get to meet senior leaders and network with other graduates from across GSK. You’ll also receive a generous development budget to accelerate your learning. Which all adds up to a role that’s designed to transform talented engineers into key, senior figures.
What will you do?
- Project manage new equipment from design, factory acceptance testing, installation and commissioning
- Manage multi-skilled engineering teams
- Increase manufacturing efficiencies and through improved safety systems, equipment performance and reliability
- Provide day-to-day support for risk assessments, equipment issues and breakdowns
- Provide focus on energy management and sustainability projects
- Analyse machine data to inform improvement strategy
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge technologies in precision engineering
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for a successful career. After you complete our Programme, you’ll have the skills to become a leader of the future. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Developing your skills in an industry that’s making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
- Building an understanding of the state-of-the-art equipment we use
- Working with (and in) cross-functional, multi-cultural teams – delivering business critical projects.
- Managing multi-discipline engineering teams
- Having a generous development budget to accelerate your learning
- A relevant engineering degree and be keen to learn.
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process-driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant experience in the area to which they’re applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already worked in a professional role in your sector, you’re welcome to apply, but you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses.
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!