Join us where we are enabling the digital world to realise its incredible potential, and where we will support you to realise yours too.
Our technology powers EVERYTHING with a digital component: we produce innovative equipment that enables the world’s biggest names in electronics to bring their technology to market. We thrive in a forward-thinking environment where continuous investment powers opportunities to work on exciting new projects on a global scale.
And while we have offices – and career opportunities - around the world, the real magic happens at our Product Innovation Centre in Weymouth. This is the centre of our Surface Mount Technology (SMT) function, where we offer the best-in-class solutions to our customers.
Our People enjoy challenge and opportunity in equal measure. We sharpen our skills and knowledge, and experiment at the cutting edge across multiple disciplines.
We think you will like it too.
Our placements provide an opportunity to really learn how a business works. During your placement you will be hands on from day one, you will be actively involved in business projects and your experience and knowledge will be utilised and strengthened during the 13 months with us.
We have an opportunity for you to join this incredible business within the Hardware Engineering department.
- Develop hardware in order to ensure that the solution meets the needs of our customers and ensure a continued quality standard
- Have the opportunity to work in the 'SOKO' department, where you will be involved in creating specialised solutions for the business and the customers
- Contribute to the creation of concepts for the development of modules, whilst ensuring compliance with the defined quality, cost, standards & schedule requirements.
- Develop concepts into detailed designs through the creation of development and manufacturing documents
- Interpret and analyse module and system performance and contribute to determining critical success factors
- Conduct tests on functional samples and prototypes
Enabling the digital world offers enormous scope to develop your career beyond traditional ideas of progression or promotion. Enabling is always evolving.
We want to hear from enthusiastic individuals who are currently studying an engineering discipline, and...
- Have basic knowledge of relevant CAD tools
- Have an understanding of electrical and pneumatic principles
- Have basic knowledge of the product creation process
- Have knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Control Systems Engineering
- Can both work independently and evidence successful collaboration and teamwork
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Are able to communicate effectively face to face and in writing with people at various levels in the organisation to build stable and useful working relationships
- Are able to organise their own time and workload
We think you will enjoy working at ASMPT because:
Our culture is unique. Unlike many of our more corporate competitors, we strive to maintain a people-first, family-like culture that people appreciate and enjoy. It’s conducive to collaboration, to encouraging feedback and enabling innovation.
It’s an exciting place to be. Ideas evolve in front of your eyes and we are constantly pivoting and adapting to meet the needs of tomorrow’s technologies. The possibilities here are limitless, the opportunities are huge, and our culture is warm and friendly.
Our people are some of the brightest experts around and everyone has a voice here. It’s a great place to be if you like to see your ideas turn into action, but we tend not to shout about it too loudly. You could say we are the tech sector’s best-kept secret!
We will offer you:
Few organisations can rival our complete package of exciting, leading-edge work in an exceptional location that offers a fantastic quality of life.
- A competitive salary
- £1,000 starter bonus
- Hybrid working – with the capacity to work from home 2 days a week
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support – we have a team of mental health first aiders within ASMPT and a confidential, external provider
- Annual leave starting at 25 days
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Subsidised canteen providing local, fresh, nutritious sustenance
- Company social events - from twice a year company gatherings, environmental groups, diversity, football, volleyball and sailing
Please note the provisional closing date for applications is Friday 01/12/2023
You must be studying a sandwich course or be interested in a year in industry from July 2024-July 2025