Join Disney for a challenging and rewarding 12-month internship!
During an internship at Disney, you will get the chance to work side by side with industry leaders in your field of study. You will gain valuable skills working within one of the strongest family of brands on a global scale while building lasting connections. Imagine that!
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About the internship
As a Media Engineering intern, you will be conducting technical, administrative and organisational tasks for the team supporting Disney’s extensive Media Networks and Direct To Consumer platforms internationally. Two internships are available, as a Broadcast Technology and Operations intern you will assist the media engineering team with support and development of our media asset management and content supply chain systems. As a Post Production Support intern you will support our extensive Post Production facility comprised of broadcast online edit suites, graphics workstations and render farm, broadcast audio mixing suites and remote edit clients on laptops.
Responsibilities in both roles will include; updating documentation, logging support issues raised by our end users into our ticketing systems and working with third party support teams to troubleshoot and resolve technology problems.
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2023
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Studying for a degree that is relevant to the role applied for
- Studying a Media Engineering related course
- Attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Strong MS Office skills
What we offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Gain essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and your future career
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, click on the apply online button below.
Applications are in the form of CV and cover letter. Note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this internship?
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- What qualities do you possess that would encourage Disney to choose you for the internship?
Please only apply to one internship position. We offer a large number of Early Careers opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.