The Chief Administrative Office supervises and supports the daily operations of an organization and is ultimately responsible for its performance. At Mizuho the CAO is primarily involved in the following 4 areas:
- Business management – supporting the sales and trading and investment banking business heads in terms of detailed analysis on their performance, products, client sets and business strategy. Business management has also proven to be an excellent ‘training ground’ for those interested in a future career in the sales and trading businesses.
- Process Optimisation – implementing efficiencies across the organisation – including reviews of our operating model and corporate (support) functions through to specific cost saving initiatives and procurement process improvements.
- Significant Initiative Management – this small team work closely with the CEO on large and crucial projects for the organisation. For example – assessing the impact and business needs following BREXIT, regulatory changes (such as BAFIN) and updating and adjusting to new industry guidance. The team often work alongside other departments – for example our Sustainability team - to drive forward new company wide environmental initiatives.
- Marketing and Communications – this team has involvement across Sustainability, Business Management (supporting new product roll-outs and significant client marketing initiatives), internal marketing and communications – ie talking to and soliciting feedback from our own employees and – from an external perspective – building, maintaining and delivering the Mizuho brand to our external audiences.
Across the CAO function we look for a range of skills and backgrounds including finance and accounting, marketing and business management. Interns and graduates will rotate around the 4 different pillars gaining experience across a wide range of business critical functions.
To join us...
You will be in the penultimate year of your degree and be on course to achieve a min 2.1, however in addition we are looking for individuals who will learn and drive our business forward by bringing with them a winning spirit, the ability to inspire trust and provoke diversity of thought.
Applicants must also be able demonstrate their interest to work and succeed in financial services and be:
- Highly motivated with strong academic qualifications (any degree discipline);
- Innovative thinkers who want to make a difference and have the drive to do so;
- Exceptional communicators with the ability to work in a collaborative environment; and
- Individuals with a strong commitment to learn and drive the business forward
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!