Mizuho International plc (MHI) is the London based securities and investment banking arm of the Mizuho Financial Group, Inc., and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. With a primary focus on client based activities, its wide range of services includes sales and trading in both debt and equity securities, the underwriting of new issues and M&A advisory services.
The Information Systems Department (ISD) provides a full range of state of the art technology services to all departments within Mizuho International plc in London. This includes teams servicing the client-facing business units, Operations, Finance and Risk departments.
The department utilises modern delivery methodologies & techniques including Agile, Containerisation & Continuous integration. Each team has resources to provide project management, analysis, software development, package implementation, systems integration services and application support and is expected to contribute to the change.
As a graduate or intern joining ISD you will interact with many aspects of the bank's daily operations, working on agile projects of all sizes - some self-contained, others encompassing many teams around the organisation. You will be developing your technical skills and business knowledge with the support of suitable mentors and technical leads to help you grow in the role. The following departments within ISD are looking for candidates:
- The Front Office development team is focused on providing solutions for pricing, executing, booking and processing of trades to the trading business, together with supporting the origination of client business from investors and issuers alike. This is a dynamic and fast paced environment incorporating vendor and in-house systems.
- The Enterprise Delivery development teams are part of the Core Technology and Innovation Department at Mizuho International focuses on delivering scalable and robust data delivery around the entire bank, providing an enterprise grade messaging and data storage infrastructure for other IT teams to build around. This is a very technically strong and delivery focused working environment consisting of the following teams:
- The Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Team are focused on providing integration solutions for complex financial solutions across all Bank functions including Front, Middle and Back Office and incorporating vendor and in-house systems. IkasanESB, an Open Sourced Java framework based on industry standard Enterprise Integration Patterns, underpins all integration software within MHI and is a best of breed integration platform targeted to the Financial Industry.
- The Enterprise Data team manage the storage and distribution of the bank's core data using cutting edge big data platforms.
- The Corporate Systems ISD teams provide IT solutions and services for Operations, Finance and Risk departments - incorporating a variation of in-house systems developed using the latest Tech platforms as well as industry-leading vendor products. Core skillsets for developers in this area would include: Programming (Java, .NET, Python), OO, Databases & software development methods/concepts.
To join our team you will possess demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, a strong ability to adapt to new technologies quickly and ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical topics while working alongside other developers, business analysts and project managers. An academic background in Computing would be optimal but not limited to Science, Engineering or Maths with some computing/development knowledge.
At Mizuho International we are committed to supporting equality and diversity, and seek to create a workplace that is fully inclusive. We promote flexibility where it allows you to meet other commitments or strike a better work-life balance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!