Join the experts behind Sky Go, NOW and Sky Q. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, designing the software that steers us to success.
Change the way customers interact with the Sky Go interface. Collaborate with our software teams across the globe on video streaming platforms. Create software technology that influences the way they watch their favourite shows.
Use cutting-edge technology and contribute to the success of current and future products. Develop software that underpins our products and improves how we work. Make an impact and get all the support you need to do your best work. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
The Mobile software development programme might see you create the next iteration of Sky Go, work on a new feature for NOW and develop capabilities on our iOS and Android platforms.
You’ll learn a lot on this seven-month programme. After just eight weeks, you’ll be familiar with our major software engineering principles, Swift and Kotlin development, iOS and Android platforms and continuous build, and integration. Over the remaining 5 months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects alongside our delivery teams where you will continue your career as an Associate Software Developer.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Deliver and support the development of our software products
- Team up with software professionals to create high-quality, testable products designed to engage our customers
- Produce software through iteration using Agile delivery principles.
- These roles are based in Osterley, west London
- Programme duration is 7 months
- Expected start September 2022 starting with an 8-week boot camp.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate with a technology degree (Computer Science, Computing, AI & ML, Software Engineering, Cyber Security) or soon will be
- Ability to code using modern day web languages. Swift and Kotlin is desirable
- Have created software applications using modern-day web languages either at university, at home or in industry
- Have passion for software and technology
- A quick learner and a team player
- Aware of Agile methodologies.
Your application journey
First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it. Complete the assessments successfully and you’ll be considered for our assessment centre.
The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural and cognitive strengths through several questions. The second digital assessment will look at your ability to code. The coding test will be completed using modern mobile development languages. Please make sure you do practice tests before beginning this stage. You may also refer to websites or books while sitting the test.
Note these coding languages are not in any particular order.
In the last digital assessment, you will be required to review various sets of information and be asked questions related to this. Part of this stage will include a recorded video interview. But don’t worry there will be practice round. For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your technical aptitude. Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
Your development journey
You’ll enjoy a brand new, action-packed, learning experience with us as part of your graduate programme. We’ll help you grow into a great future leader, with the right tools and support. Our 2-year learning and development programme sits alongside your graduate programme and supports you during your programme and beyond with:
- Growth – Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow. And you’ll be supported by passionate colleagues along the way.
- Confidence – Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll build confidence by getting involved and stepping outside of comfort zone.
- Belonging – You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed.
With fellow grads, inspiring each other to think big and take action. Or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s a journey and we want you to see your progress, so you’ll get your very own development report to track your success.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you. The final closing date for applications is 17th July 2022.
Apply now to avoid disappointment. If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.