Yorkshire and the Humber
Join the experts behind Sky Sports & News apps, the Sky Kids App and the My Sky App. Whatever your project, you’ll be in the driving seat from day one, designing the software that steers us to success.
Change the way customers interact with the Sky Go interface. Collaborate with our software teams across the globe on video streaming platforms. Create software technology that influences the way they watch their favourite shows. Use cutting-edge technology and contribute to the success of current and future products. Develop software that underpins our products and improves how we work. Make an impact and get all the support you need to do your best work. There’s only one place you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
What you’ll be doing
The Mobile software development programme might see you create the next iteration of Sky Go, work on a new feature for NOW and develop capabilities on our iOS and Android platforms.
You’ll learn a lot on this seven-month programme. After just eight weeks, you’ll be familiar with our major software engineering principles, Swift and Kotlin development, iOS and Android platforms and continuous build, and integration. Over the remaining 5 months, with our guidance, you’ll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects alongside our delivery teams where you will continue your career as an Associate Software Developer.
On this programme you’ll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
- Deliver and support the development of our software products
- Team up with software professionals to create high-quality, testable products designed to engage our customers
- Produce software through iteration using Agile delivery principles.
- These roles are based in Leeds
- Programme duration is 7 months
- Expected start July 2022 starting with an 8-week boot camp.
What we’re looking for
- A graduate with a technology degree (Computer Science, Computing, AI & ML, Software Engineering, Cyber Security) or soon will be
- Ability to code using modern day web languages. Swift and Kotlin is desirable
- Have created software applications using modern-day web languages either at university, at home or in industry
- Have passion for software and technology
- A quick learner and a team player
- Aware of Agile methodologies.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Yorkshire and the Humber