A placement in our Risk division gives you unique exposure to the core elements of a risk management company and an opportunity to apply the skills you’ve developed so far and learn some new ones in a business environment.
We are exposed to over £5bn of asset risk via the vehicles we own and lease to our customers. Forecasting future vehicle values and asset depreciation is the bet we take when we lease our cars to our customers. But we don’t take that risk lightly – our Asset Risk team uses a combination of econometric and statistical approaches and industry expertise to understand and model the macro and micro influences – getting every car on fleet £5 out amounts to >£3m!
Our Pricing team balances the needs of customers with those of our suppliers and scheme partners while managing our own profit margins within a target corridor. To deliver that they optimise our forecasts of costs and incomes to ensure an affordable, sustainable and varied product offering for our customers.
With over a million customers insured to drive our cars and an annual spend of almost half a billion pounds, our Insurance team is key to understanding the risk exposure both within our own fleet and customer base and via the external insurance industry. They also work closely with our fronting insurer and wholly owned subsidiary, which manages the reinsurance operation.
Our Business Risk team provide second line of defence support to the wider business and bring together the risk management framework which specifies the Risk Appetite Framework, facilitates risk assessments and provides the link into the Economic Capital Requirement.
If you would like to find out what working in these areas entails, please do get in touch!
- London based although may require Bristol visits/short stay
- Exposure to all elements of the risk division although likely longer placements with deliverables in two areas (Asset Risk, Pricing)
- We also maintain flexibility to adapt placements across the different areas (e.g. if candidate very keen to work in insurance and business requirements can accommodate)
- The placement involves working as an analyst, understanding the internal and external factors impacting our analysis and forecasts, contributing to forums and review groups and influencing decision making as well as ownership of analytical projects with deliverables that make a difference
- The closing date for applications is 31st January 2020
- You’ll need to be on track to gain a minimum 2:1 degree (in a Economics discipline) to qualify for the Risk Industry Placement Programme. We re looking for candidates who are:
- Studying economics, preferably one of the more analytical courses including econometrics
- Driven by a desire to use their logical thinking and technical skills to understand influencing factors and turn that into a real view of the future
- Able to communicate and convince people of those views
- Confident & Commercially aware
- Proactive and looking to make the most of every opportunity
- Passionate about business
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
At Motability Operations Ltd we provide a unique mobility proposition for the specific needs of people with disabilities by leasing cars, scooters and powered wheelchairs to those in receipt of Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payment. We are the largest car fleet operator in the UK (purchasing around 10% of all the new cars sold in the UK) and have over 625,000 customers. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service, achieving an independently verified customer satisfaction rating of 9.8 out of 10.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do and our people demonstrate these values:
- Forward thinking
What’s on offer
As a Motability Operations Ltd team member you can expect:
- 27 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- 15% non-contributory pension after probation
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Season ticket loans
- Voluntary benefits such as travel insurance, health checks and gym membership
Unfortunately Motability Operations Ltd is unable to provide visa sponsorship; therefore applicants applying to work with Motability Operations Ltd must be eligible to work in the UK.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!