2019 UK Graduate Geotechnical Engineer
Now more than ever, our environment and communities need to be made more resilient in the face of climate change. Working on every facet of development, our civil engineers aim to solve this by offering the opportunity to create better cities, reduce poverty and improve health. Working alongside our experts, you’ll play a part in safeguarding natural resources. Using sustainability as a focus, you’ll be creating economic and social growth for generations to come.
We are currently looking for a Geotechnical graduate for our office based in Norwich within our Buildings & Infrastructure team.
The skills of our geotechnical engineers are developed in a fully rounded way taking into account technical and managerial capabilities that are focused on delivering long-lasting, cost effective and buildable solutions. Mott MacDonald is committed to implementing sustainability principles into our geotechnical designs. We have developed a tool to quantify sustainable indicators and undertake life cycle analysis for geo-engineering projects. This can be used to demonstrate the sustainability performance of projects and for options appraisal. For sustainable construction within urban areas, we have extensive experience in undertaking the assessments of risk associated with ground and groundwater contamination, buried tanks, utilities, obstructions, waste management and the interaction of new developments within the existing built environment. For contaminated sites we prepare remediation strategies and integrate them with engineering designs. Issues of earthworks classification, waste minimisation and onsite treatment are all considered at design stage. Our work in this area is recognised around the world.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for civil and or structural engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics;
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as:
- The Institution of Chartered Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.