2019 UK Graduate GIS Analyst/Developer
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse £1 billion employee-owned, engineering and development consultancy serving the public & private sector around the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Graduate to join our ground-breaking Smart Infrastructure team.
From using big data to predict bathing water quality for 500,000 residents in Auckland, through to helping the World’s busiest airport analyse and predict congestion 5-years in the future. You will play a key part in developing new solutions for Governments and industry-leading organisations to transform the way infrastructure performs.
Based across our central London and Cambridge offices, with a remit to support the global business, the business is focused on helping our clients to ‘realising the true value of information’, to deliver better outcomes across the planning, delivery, and operation of their asset base.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates. To apply for this role, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved or expected to achieve a 2.1 or above in GIS, Computer Science or a similarly related degree.
What will you be getting up to?
As a Graduate GIS Analyst/Developer you will provide GIS and other technical and administrative support on a range of small to large projects as part of our transportation team. The key elements of the role are (but not limited to): -
- Providing technical GIS support to specialist teams undertaking data preparation
- Analysing results and providing recommendations for the most appropriate tool or suite of tools
- Implement recommendations to create solutions for project data management problems
- Work closely with other GIS team members in the business in ongoing development and implementation of standards to day to day GIS processes and data management
- Analysing aerial photography
- Contributing to technical report writing
- Ability interact positively with both senior and junior staff alike
About this role – is it the right one for you?
A graduate role should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.