With a fast-growing global population and rapid urbanisation creating new development and infrastructure, environmental services have never been more vital for ensuring a sustainable world. Join our world leading environmental experts to deliver better outcomes for our clients and future generations.
We have opportunities in the following areas:
- Ecology: Not only will you be working on a range of high-profile projects alongside our team of experts, but you’ll also be working closely with Natural England., the Environment Agency as well as local environment groups. From carrying out site surveys to assessments of ecological systems, you’ll have the chance to really get stuck in. You’ll be working within the environment, highways and buildings or infrastructure sectors. We have opportunities in the following locations: Altrincham, Brighton, Croydon, Cambridge, Leeds, Glasgow and Southampton.
- Environmental consultancy: This is a varied and interesting role. With the projects that you work on, you’ll have the responsibility of assessing their effects on the environment while ensuring that they comply with UK and international environmental standards. You’ll be working within the energy, buildings and infrastructure or highways and environment sectors. We have opportunities in the following locations: Bristol, Birmingham, Croydon & Reading
- Heritage and Archaeology: You will join the Mott MacDonald heritage team help their clients manage change within the historic environment, whether that be advising clients on the strategies to avoid or investigate archaeological remains, negotiate appropriate changes to historic buildings, or help design developments within historic towns and cities. We have opportunities in the following location: Birmingham
- Waste and Resource Management: This diverse and exciting team provides an opportunity to work across a wide range of waste and resource management projects. From helping to develop waste management strategies at national and local level, to supporting feasibility studies for new technologies in emerging economies, our global focus means you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of experienced consultants across international projects as well as those in the UK, mainly within the advisory, built environment and energy sectors. We have opportunities in the following location: Leeds
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for their chosen environmental field, as well as a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved or working towards obtaining a MSc in a degree relating to the following disciplines:
- Earth Science
- Environmental science
- Environmental management
- Ecology, Biodiversity, Ecological Consultancy or Conservation Biology
- Heritage, Archaeology or History
- Carbon management
When you apply you will be asked to choose which area you are applying for; your area choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen area through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture. Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us and we will talk to you about how to help.
We support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this graduate role – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!