We offer an exciting 2-year graduate programme for graduates that are looking to work with us to deliver on our mission to save and improve lives. Our programme will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
The roles will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who we are
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a patient first, profits later ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
24 Month Graduate scheme encompassing 12 months in Marketing and 12 Months in Sales
Where do you start
12 months in Marketing
You'll begin your journey as a Graduate Brand & Customer Manager where you will be responsible for supporting one of our company's commercial franchises in the development and delivery of their strategic and tactical brand plans.
This role will provide any individual looking to begin a career in healthcare with a strong foundation in pharmaceutical Marketing. From day one you will actively contribute to the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans for one of our marketed products. In addition, through other projects, you will develop an understanding of other functions and how they fit together within the business.
- Takes a proactive approach and works collaboratively with immediate franchise team colleagues across the Business Unit
- Responsible for supporting the development of marketing campaigns
- Supports the franchise team to deliver strategic & tactical brand plans
- Understands and applies regulatory/compliance requirements relative to their role/function
12 months in Sales
As a Graduate Customer Representative, you will work within one of our sales teams working as the link between our company and healthcare professionals. You will aim to meet and exceed sales targets for your defined product(s) with an ultimate goal of increasing the access to and uptake of our company's products and maximise sales growth.
- Responsible for identifying influencers and prescribers in a local area ? contributing to the development of business plans
- Develop and manage relationships to contribute to the achievement of agreed business goals defined in the Area Business Plan
- Engage customers through a variety of available channels
- Achieve sales and activity targets across the defined geography
- Promote defined product(s) to target customers within both primary and secondary care and other customers and influencers defined within the Area Business Plan
- Generate hospital usage, recommendations and referrals for defined product(s)
- Develop brand advocacy within both primary and secondary care
What happens at the end of the 24 month scheme?
Throughout the 24 month scheme you will receive guidance and mentoring to not only help you through your current role, but also to prepare you for applications to permanent roles within the organisation, with the aim that you will continue your career journey with our organisation.
- Degree requirements for each of our associate roles will differ per position. Please view the full job descriptions for each role on our website for more specific responsibilities and requirements
- You will be required to hold a Full UK Driving License. If you do not already hold a UK Driving License, you must ensure that you hold one prior to the start of your sales rotation
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization's core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
Our graduate marketing and sales associate roles will be based in our brand-new office in Moorgate, London, opening in January.
Deadline for applications
We assess applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. This role will be removed once this position has been filled.
Other important information
Our presence in the UK goes back a long way. For over 80 years, we've been researching, developing and supplying new medicines and vaccines that prevent and treat diseases that occur at every stage of life.
Today we're one of the top five biopharmaceutical companies in the UK and employ over 2,000 people across five sites in Hertfordshire, Northumberland, Buckinghamshire, Edinburgh and London.
How are MSD in the UK adjusting our hiring process with COVID-19?
At MSD in the UK our key priorities during the current COVID-19 outbreak are both maintaining supply of critical medicines to our patients and ensuring the health and safety of our employees and candidates. In support of Government measures to limit the spread of infection, we have therefore developed a new flexible, virtual route for candidates applying and interviewing for our open roles.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
What we look for
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!