We offer exciting 12-month placement opportunities to students that are looking to work with us to deliver on our mission to save and improve lives. A placement with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who we are
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the worlds biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
We aim to create workplace experiences that enable our people to be inspired to invent. Inside our organization, we provide workplace solutions that enable our people to do their very best work in safety. Outside our organization we ensure we protect the people around us, communities and the environment.
This is an opportunity to join our dedicated and talented team within the Global Workplace and Enterprise Services team for 12 months, based at our site in Moorgate, London as a placement student and help build a strong foundation for success in your future.
- Work as part of the the Global Integrated Facilities Management Centre of Expertise (IFM CoE) to ensure a standardised, compliant and efficient facility services delivery program is established across the Company's global footprint
- Under the supervision of the Global IFM CoE Governance and Performance Management Lead, assist with the design, development and implementation of tools and business processes to enable the IFM Program to realise the expected outcomes and benefits; audit performance and practices of the IFM service providers and drive continuous improvement
- Work with the IFM CoE Team to understand the business needs of GWES, Manufacturing Divisions and other functions across our company to ensure the IFM service providers delivery solutions will meet these needs, and that issues and challenges are addressed in a timely manner
- Additional opportunity during the placement to shadow and work with other GWES functions such as operations, real estate and maintenance excellence
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Demonstrates an interest in technology and innovation
- Demonstrates organisational and project management skills
- Demonstrates analytical ability
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization's core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
- A self-starter who can work independently
All the student placement positions listed above will be based in our brand-new office in Moorgate, London, opening in January.
Deadline for applications
We assess applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. This role will be removed once this position has been filled.
Other important information
Our presence in the UK goes back a long way. For over 80 years, we've been researching, developing and supplying new medicines and vaccines that prevent and treat diseases that occur at every stage of life.
Today we're one of the top five biopharmaceutical companies in the UK and employ over 2,000 people across five sites in Hertfordshire, Northumberland, Buckinghamshire, Edinburgh and London.
How are MSD in the UK adjusting our hiring process with COVID-19
At MSD in the UK our key priorities during the current COVID-19 outbreak are both maintaining supply of critical medicines to our patients and ensuring the health and safety of our employees and candidates. In support of Government measures to limit the spread of infection, we have therefore developed a new flexible, virtual route for candidates applying and interviewing for our open roles.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
What we look for
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!