We offer exciting 12-month placement opportunities to students that are looking to work with us to deliver on our mission to save and improve lives. A placement with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who we are
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the worlds biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a ?patient first, profits later? ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Strategic Capabilities & Business Transformation Office are part of the Strategy, Value & Access department. The teams mission is to partner with the UK Human Health Leadership Team to define and deliver initiatives and build skills & capabilities, that enable the successful attainment of key business priorities.
The role of the Student Placement will focus on supporting the scoping and execution of strategic projects to deliver the UK Human Health business priorities. The nature of these projects will vary according to need but all will be expected to drive tangible benefits to our business.
The role will provide an excellent opportunity to have true ownership for multiple projects that will make a real difference, all with the support of a friendly, approachable team, whilst providing an opportunity to network with individuals across the organisation to achieve success.
- ? Support the planning and delivery of key strategic projects, collaborating with fellow employees and vendors as required including:
- o Developing project plans and monitoring their execution to ensure timely delivery and appropriate quality
- o Supporting the planning, execution and follow-up actions of meetings
- o Ensuring actions are accurately captured, documented and delivered
- o Communicate project progress and outcomes to all relevant parties
- As necessary, organise and facilitate learning workshops and working sessions across the organisation
- Leading on the communications plan for our social learning platform, SPARK and supporting the SPARK lead to actively source new content and drive engagement to the site
- Use the AV Studio (video and voice recording) to promote MSD activity both internally and externally
- Support both the Business Transformation Team or Strategic Capabilities team as needed on a variety of work which could include:
- Leading on the organisation of team meetings
- Training employees on specific tools and systems
- Raising Purchase Orders or contracting new suppliers
- Communication plans on various events
- You will be looking to complete a 12-month placement in your third or penultimate year of study, returning to your course at the end of the placement
- Studying towards a degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Specific interest in corporate / organisational strategy or learning and development
- Proficient in Office 365; notably PowerPoint & Excel
- Adept at conducting robust qualitative and quantitative analysis to craft recommendations
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization's core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
- Organised and adaptable, able to work on and co-ordinate multiple, diverse projects in parallel
- Uses critical thinking and problem-solving skills to challenge against established company processes and cultural ways of working
- Helping others overcome obstacles with a good awareness of the needs and behaviours of others (and themselves)
All the student placement positions listed above will be based in our brand-new office in Moorgate, London, opening in January.
Deadline for applications
We assess applications on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. This role will be removed once this position has been filled.
Other important information
Our presence in the UK goes back a long way. For over 80 years, we've been researching, developing and supplying new medicines and vaccines that prevent and treat diseases that occur at every stage of life.
Today we're one of the top five biopharmaceutical companies in the UK and employ over 2,000 people across five sites in Hertfordshire, Northumberland, Buckinghamshire, Edinburgh and London.
How are MSD in the UK adjusting our hiring process with COVID-19
At MSD in the UK our key priorities during the current COVID-19 outbreak are both maintaining supply of critical medicines to our patients and ensuring the health and safety of our employees and candidates. In support of Government measures to limit the spread of infection, we have therefore developed a new flexible, virtual route for candidates applying and interviewing for our open roles.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
What we look for
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!