The Trade Finance Middle Office is responsible for the set-up, administration, control, maintenance and delivery of Trade Finance services to our commodity and transaction banking trade finance clients. The team ensures that all facilities are established & transactions are processed, in accordance with the Bank’s agreed Policies, Procedures, Credit Approvals and that all business is conducted within Regulatory requirements.
Applications close on 22 November 2021. To learn more about our programmes and how to apply, please visit our website.
Who We Are
We are MUFG. With over 360 years of heritage and more than 180,000 employees in 50 countries, we’ve grown to become one of the top five banks in the world.
Our securities business offer a comprehensive product suite to clients around the world through five key business lines in the primary and secondary markets: capital markets, credit, rates, equities, and structured products.
Our commercial banking arm is a leading corporate lending bank offering an intensive range of services from Project Finance & Syndicated Loans through to Transaction Banking & Asset Finance.
By joining MUFG, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance your financial expertise and become part of a truly international organisation.
Global possibilities with an approachable and inclusive culture: it truly is a better balance in banking
What to expect
Our 18 month Analyst Programme starts with a comprehensive training programme designed to develop a sound understanding of our product lines, our clients & our business strategies. Equipped with newfound knowledge, you’ll start with the Trade Finance Middle Office Team, where your role will be to actively support with:
- Reviews of term sheets, credit applications [Ringi’s] & facility documentation from an operational perspective to ensure workability. This will ensure smooth and efficient deal processing when necessary without unnecessary delays.
- The review of client drawdown requests to ensure that transactions are in accordance with the terms of the approved facilities.
- Daily liaison with respective stakeholders such as but not limited to clients, relationship, product managers and operational units.
Right from day one, you’ll become an integral member of the team and will be given meaningful work to complete, allowing you to start building your experience and expertise within your chosen field. As a part of a select intake, you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best professionals in the industry. We’re highly team-driven, but you’ll still find plenty of opportunity to shine as an individual. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will see the work you do. In addition, your buddy and mentor will make sure you have all the support you need to succeed. And you’ll enjoy an ongoing commitment to your development as you build a lasting and rewarding career with us.
Join our Team
We look for talented, motivated and ambitious people who will be able to help drive our business forward. Successful candidates will:
- have a strong interest in financial markets
- have excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- have high levels of motivation and integrity
- have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- be innovative and have the ability to generate new and creative ideas
- be in their final year of study or have graduated in the last 12 months
- have obtained a minimum 2:1 within the last 12 months, or be in line for a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!