This is your chance to get a real taste of retail, as you're exposed to every facet of our business over the 12 months of your placement.
The National IT department is at the very heart of Aldi. We're made up of small high-performing teams, and you can expect plenty of exposure plus hands-on experience of an IT department within a global company. Typically, you could join us as part of a technical team supporting the live business, part of a large scale project team or even have responsibility for a smaller scale project by yourself.
Many of the opportunities available will depend on what's going on with the business at the time. And, trust us, there's always plenty going on at Aldi - our business is constantly growing and developing. Yes, the placement can be daunting. But it can also be a fantastic opportunity to learn and be inspired by a company that's so different to all the others
Are you looking for a Placement where you will be in the thick of the action from the start? Here at Aldi, you will get exactly that, as you experience a year like no other. Gaining real responsibility and making an impact from day one. This is your chance to join one of the market-leading retailers and Times Top 100 employers, learning the ‘ins and outs’ of National IT.
This is a fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career and be inspired by a company that means more!
The Global IT system landscape of ALDI SOUTH is undertaking a transformation under the management of the International Transformation Organisation (ITO) department. In this role you will be part of the Country Deployment team that will support the release of various applications within GB/IE.
The role will form part of the CDMO (Cross Domain Management Office) team who are responsible for managing and deploying the overarching project governance and strategy in GB/IE for the below for the below disciplines:
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Architecture and Integration
- Authorisations and Infrastructure Support
- Data Migration / Data Quality
- Test Management
- Cutover / Hypercare
- Release Management
Working as part of the CDMO Team general duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide support to the CDMO team with project related activities across the various disciplines detailed above
- Engage with the relevant global teams to support deployment activities within GB/IE as required
- Embrace change and take ownership across a variety of tasks within the scope of the programme
- Proactively resolves and supports the business with any authorisation issues before they become risks
- Ensuring all relevant AHEAD authorisations concepts, policies and processes are adhered to
- Working closely with National IT and Test Management teams to co-ordinate and test national integrations with AHEAD applications
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- An open minded approach
- Ability to interact across all levels within the business
- Willingness to take responsibility with a pragmatic, goal oriented approach
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks whilst under pressure
Please note that our Placement Programmes are for university students currently studying towards an undergraduate degree, who are seeking a 12-month sandwich placement before their final year of study.
You’ll need to be working towards a 2:1 degree, have 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications), possess a driving licence and have permission to work in the UK by the start of your employment
The Placement application window may close early due to high volumes of applications; therefore, we recommend you apply soon.