Looking for a career that’s got as much energy as you do?
**This vacancy is being advertised by Atkins on behalf of Kent
As a leading Tier One, Integrated Energy Services company, Kent PLC is currently on an exciting global journey of evolution and growth. Although we’re a brand-new company, we’re the result of several of the biggest names in the industry (including the legacy Atkins / SNC-Lavalin Oil & Gas and offshore wind businesses) joining together, so we’ve got decades of experience and expertise behind us.
As we continue to establish ourselves across Renewables, Oil & Gas, and Low Carbon markets as Kent, we’re looking for the next generation of young, talented innovators to help our clients get the right energy where it’s needed most.
As a part of the Kent Graduate Programme, you’ll experience high-quality experience and opportunities, giving you the chance to find your area of passion and develop the knowledge and skills you’ll need to become an outstanding engineering consultant. To help you on your way, we’ve got mentors to help with professional accreditations and chartership. Your managers will also work with you to get you on the right training courses and keep you on track to career success. And it’s not all about work. There’s plenty of chance for friends, socials events and charity challenges too.
We’re a team of 10,000 Kent people in all parts of the world, so you’ll get to work on a whole range of game-changing and challenging engineering projects. In the UK, you’ll be joining a friendly community of more than 350 people at all levels of the career ladder, so there’s plenty of support as you take your first step on it.
Are you ready to be part of a well-respected team with a solid reputation in the design, engineering and project management industry? Join our Graduate Development Programme, where you'll be trusted with complex work, receiving all levels of support from line managers to senior leaders.
If we’ve kept your interest this far, visit their website where you can hear first-hand from our young professionals and discover more about opportunities with our new and exciting company.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work.
Join us as a Graduate Naval Architect and you will help to support and deliver the technical aspects of a variety of engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally.
Whether it’s the design of fixed and floating offshore structures, in both the offshore wind and oil & gas spaces, you’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
We’re looking for the next generation of engineers to join our Naval Architecture team in London. The Naval Architecture team typically work on tasks throughout the product lifecycle covering aspects including, concept design, detail design, fabrication support, in-operation integrity management and decommissioning. Some of our typical clients include; BP, Shell, Iberdrola, Equinor, Innogy and Vattenfall. With the support of the London team you could find yourself doing some of the following tasks:
- Design and analysis of floating and fixed offshore structures. This could be fixed and floating offshore wind turbines, semi-submersibles, FPSO/FLNG vessels across the life of the asset, from concept study through to decommissioning.
- Analysis of vessels and offshore structures using techniques including - hydrodynamic analysis, mooring analysis, stability analysis, transportation analysis, structural assessments.
- Learning to use tools such as Ansys AQWA, DNV SESAM (inc. SIMA, Riflex & Bladed), Simulia Abaqus, Orcina Orcaflex, modeFRONTIER, and Python.
As part of the Naval Architecture team you will be supported in your graduate development as you move toward becoming a chartered engineer. You will be assigned a mentor who will help you to ensure you gain the relevant training and experience to support your journey to professional accreditation with the Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
Location for this role: London
This vacancy is being advertised by Atkins on behalf of Kent - a leading international integrated energy services company, launched in August 2021, when Kentech acquired ATKINS SNC-Lavalin’s Oil and Gas, Offshore Wind and Low Carbon Projects Business. To find out more about Kent and our culture, visit: www.kentplc.com.
All applications will be managed by the ATKINS (part of the SNC-Lavalin Group) Recruitment team for 2021-22, but this role will be with Kent.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. We fully believe that Inclusion is key to empowering you to reach your full potential. This means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
As a new company, getting the culture right for all of our employees is incredibly important to us. Our senior leaders have been running culture workshops to listen to what matters to our employees from around the world. From day one, your opinions will be heard and valued and you will be encouraged to join these conversations.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety of projects we offer and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you’ll need?
- A passion for the energy industry and working in a consultancy environment
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation
- You’ll promote equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- The energy to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Working arrangements that work for you, including flexible hours and a hybrid model of splitting your time between the office and home in a ratio that suits you and your team
- Our employee social platform workvivo provides the opportunity for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of company culture, policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself through our inclusive graduate development programme, and our long-term career development pathways.
- Professional membership fees paid on your behalf
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey.
We are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us (Atkins is coordinating graduate recruitment on behalf of Kent this year as part of the acquisition agreement).
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
Kent is an A rated sponsor, if you have any queries regarding sponsorship, please discuss with the recruitment team.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.