Our Operations Consultants work alongside a variety of clients to design and implement programmes that deliver real, sustainable change. You’ll be working on site, from the shop floor to the boardroom and everywhere in between. Every mission and every client is different, but our model of work doesn’t change. On a day to day basis, you’ll be working with our clients to identify opportunities for operational improvement and then plan and implement the changes that need to happen to solve the problem. You’ll also contribute to internal training, capability development and improvement projects and manage and/or support clients and peers. Operations Consultants gain responsibility early and progress quickly
Are you normal? Take the test:
- Want to change the world in a year (or less)?
- Want to use data to inspire people to do their most meaningful work?
- Want a pivotal role in work that really matters?
- Feel excited at the challenge of our company being paid only on the results we promise? (Don’t worry – you’ll still be paid).
If you answered 'Yes' to all the questions, you’re not normal.
We want you.
Join us. Be part of our team. Be an Operations Consultant.
We’ll support you to progress rapidly through the company, and on the way you’ll be involved in making things better for people and businesses all over the UK and perhaps beyond. You might be making sure that low income families can afford fruit and vegetables, or improving frontline care services while saving the government money, or helping build new aircraft carriers. We promise you that your career at Newton will never stand still. It’ll always be captivating.
How you’ll work
We’re not the type of consultant who floats down from on high with a fat report and disappears before the hard work has even begun. We get dirty. We wear overalls. We work alongside a variety of clients to design and implement programmes that deliver real, sustainable change. We work from the shop floor to the boardroom and everywhere in between. You'll be encouraged to get stuck in and use your initiative and creativity to deliver far-reaching and measurable results for your client. You’ll be on the frontline from day one, working shoulder-to- shoulder with our clients to solve complex problems in fast-moving environments. We're a close-knit team and you’ll be supported, nurtured and motivated by challenge to stretch the limits of possibility.
What you’ll do
Every day, every mission and every client is different, but our model of work doesn’t change. On a day to day basis, you’ll be working with our clients to:
- Carry out assessments to find opportunities for improvement.
- Map processes and undertake data analysis.
- Create and carry out project plans that deliver sustainable results.
- Present to clients at all levels on site.
- Solve technical, organisational, process and people problems.
- Contribute to internal training, capability development and improvement projects.
- Manage and/or support clients and peers.
Sounds good? It is.
What you’ll get
We support you from before day one. Our recruitment staff love to make sure you feel welcome even before you step through our door. And then throughout your time with us, you’ll be developed and supported through:
- Our famous Induction Training Camp. Don’t worry; you won’t need to fight for the top bunk. It’s not that kind of camp.
- A dedicated and consistent Development Manager to nurture your career progression.
- Projects that really stretch you.
- On-the-job feedback and developmental guidance from our leaders.
We’ll give you:
- A raise each year and with every promotion.
- Promotion on merit when you are ready. We don’t do the annual promotion cycle.
- Rapid career progression with early responsibility. Within three years you can expect to lead a team to deliver real results for a major client.
- Project opportunities across a range of industries, clients and sectors based on your interests.
Our culture is genuinely social, supportive and collaborative. Yes, the whole company gets together every two weeks to celebrate client successes, resolve project challenges, learn from each other and have fun. Our social calendar is packed, too; it includes autumn and spring activity days, Christmas events, a three-day summer event and four Newton-sponsored weekends a year, including our annual ski trip.
And because we believe that work should only be part of life, not all of it, we guarantee that you'll be back at home with your friends and family by 6pm every Friday and you'll never work weekends.
What we'd like from you:
Our team sets the bar high. Our people drive our business. This is why we’ve developed one of the most rigorous recruiting processes in the industry.
During the application process, you’ll stand out if you:
- Are highly numerate with a logical mindset and strong analytical and conceptual skills. But you don't need to be an engineer or a mathematician.
- Are a strong, effective communicator with all kinds of people.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of emotional intelligence and an ability to build and sustain positive, productive relationships.
- Have an exceptional ability create insight from an ocean of information.
- Thrive on early responsibility and are self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to teamwork and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Are flexible and adaptable.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and are happy to receive and act on feedback.
- Have achieved high level of education with excellent results, but not necessarily in a STEM subject.
Want to be part of an award-winning consultancy that doesn’t act like a consultancy? Good.
We value diversity
We value diversity. We recognise that the more diverse our people, the better we can serve our clients and the society in which we exist. We're an equal opportunity employer and we never discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!