£25,000 - £30,000
The NHS Procurement Graduate Training Scheme has been designed for ambitious graduates who want to develop a career within procurement and the NHS. The programme is suitable for all graduates who have gained a 2.2 or higher. The graduate scheme is a 2-year commitment and offers successful candidates the following opportunities:
- Employed by an NHS organisation across England
- Experience a minimum of 2 x rotations
- Technical skills development via a fully funded procurement qualification – Complete a Level 4 Commercial Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship, resulting in a level 4 CIPS qualification
- Personal development opportunities through the Skills Development Network
- Pastoral support through mentoring
- Probable progression from NHS band 4 to band 5/6, on successful completion
The scheme allows graduates to develop their skills and knowledge in a diverse field which is invaluable to the success of the NHS. The Covid-19 pandemic has made it evident just how important procurement is in ensuring the NHS functions effectively. Without these talented teams, equipment and supplies, key services and NHS sites would have struggled to continue.
The role of the procurement team varies depending on the nature of the NHS organisation. Procurement teams within central organisations such as NHS England will conduct slightly different tasks to those in an Acute Trust, Mental Health Trust, Community Trust or Integrated Care Board (ICB). However, many of the basic principles, such as working with category teams, dealing with supply chain management, dealing with items such as PPE, ward and medical supplies and uniforms for staff will be consistent across many of the roles. You may also learn about Scan for Safety and inventory management. There is sure to be something that will capture the attention of a motivated graduate.
There are currently 35 posts available for graduates to apply for within this NHS Procurement Graduate Training Scheme.
The roles available are based throughout England working in various NHS organisations. To be suitable to for one of the positions on the graduate scheme we require the graduates to meet the following criteria:
- Educated to Degree level with a 2.2 qualification as a minimum.
Skills Capabilities & Attributes:
- Strong spoken and written communication skills and social skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across teams, with a variety of people both internally and externally.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines and with attention to detail.
Values & Behaviours:
- Contribute a positive and enthusiastic attitude and must be reliable, pro-active and enjoy working as part of a busy team.
- Commitment and motivation to complete a two-year training scheme (including apprenticeship).
- An interest in Procurement and committed to a career in the NHS.
- Be inquisitive and want to learn, having enthusiasm and an open-mind to gain the most out of the programme.
- Prepared to travel to various NHS sites if required.
The following criteria are desired:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working as part of a team and the ability to develop contacts and build networks.
- Administrative experience and a good level of IT literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel and Word.
To apply for the various opportunities, please select ‘apply now’, which will direct you to the NHS Procurement Graduate Training Scheme website. All 35 roles are listed and graduates can apply for a maximum of five posts if desired.
£25,000 - £30,000
Frimley, Huntingdon, Morecambe, Kendal, Lancaster, Carlisle, Surrey, Southend-on-Sea, Lincoln, Salisbury, Bath, Swindon