North East + 3•
The NHS Procurement Graduate Training Scheme has been designed for ambitious graduates who want to develop a career within procurement and the NHS. The programme is suitable for those graduating this year or those who have completed their degree within the last three years. The graduate scheme is a 2-year commitment and offers successful candidates the following opportunities:
- Placed in an NHS organisation across England
- Experience a minimum of 2 x rotations
- Technical skills development via a fully funded procurement qualification – CIPS Level 4 Diploma Apprenticeship in Procurement and Supply
- Personal development opportunities through the Skills Development Network
- Pastoral support through mentoring
- Probable progression from NHS band 4 to band 5/6, on successful completion
The scheme allows graduates to develop their skills and knowledge in a diverse field which is invaluable to the success of the NHS. The current pandemic has made it evident just how important procurement is in ensuring the NHS functions effectively. Without these talented teams, equipment and supplies, key services and NHS sites would have struggled to continue.
NHS procurement covers a wide range of areas, including identifying, sourcing and acquiring goods, services or works from an external source. It may involve purchasing day to day equipment for a hospital or managing the estates for an NHS organisation. There is sure to be something that will capture the attention of a motivated graduate.
There are currently 30 posts available for graduates to apply for within this NHS Procurement Graduate Training Scheme.
The roles available are based throughout England working in various NHS organisations. To be suitable to for one of the positions on the graduate scheme we require the graduates to meet the following criteria (please double check the person specification for each role as this may change slightly):
- Educated to Degree level with a 2.2 qualification as a minimum within the last 3 years.
- Skills Capabilities & Attributes:
- Strong spoken and written communication skills and social skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across teams, with a variety of people both internally and externally.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines and with attention to detail.
Values & Behaviours:
- Contribute a positive and enthusiastic attitude and must be reliable, pro-active and enjoy working as part of a busy team.
- Commitment and motivation to complete a two-year training scheme (including apprenticeship).
- An interest in Procurement and committed to a career in the NHS.
- Be inquisitive and want to learn, having enthusiasm and an open-mind to gain the most out of the programme.
- Prepared to travel to various NHS sites if required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working as part of a team and the ability to develop contacts and build networks.
- Administrative experience and a good level of IT literacy, including Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel and Word.
To apply for the various opportunities, please select ‘apply now’ which will direct you to the NHS Procurement Graduate Training Scheme website. All 30 roles are listed and graduates can apply for a maximum of eight posts if desired.
Northumbria, Sheffield, Bristol, Kent, Southampton
North East, Yorkshire and the Humber, South West, South East